Game crashes when exiting through SteamVR in 4.13

Hey Everyone,

I’ve been working on a VR game for the HTC (released through Steam soon!)

However, when I exit through SteamVR (on local builds, builds pushed to steam, and when playing through the editor), it crashes.
It does not crash when I exit from the windows task bar, and it does not crash when using a console command to exit.

Beta testers have been reporting the same (for the packaged build on Steam)

It also does the same thing when making a new VR project in 4.13 (not exclusive to my project)

Here are the crash symbols:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

UE4Editor_SteamVR!FSteamVRHMD::CalculateStereoViewOffset()
UE4Editor_Engine!FSceneView::UpdateViewMatrix() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\sceneview.cpp:746]
UE4Editor_Renderer!RenderViewFamily_RenderThread() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenerendering.cpp:1821]
UE4Editor_Renderer!TGraphTask<`FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::`21'::EURCMacro_FDrawSceneCommand>::ExecuteTask() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:868]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:932]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:679]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:319]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:440]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:74]

Any ideas on how to fix this, or is it just a bug with 4.13?

Thanks!

Hello Oraclefish,

After doing a big of digging I was able to find that this appears to be a known issue. I have provided a link to the public tracker. Please feel free to use the link provided for future updates.

Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-35940)

Make it a great day