Fully functioning WMR support? : Seeking advice and ​​​​​​​direction

After recently getting a Sony Odyseey WMR headset, I was hoping to simply set it up and start trying to work in UE 4.23.1
I’m the first to say I’m not the most knowledgeable on these devices or advance settings behind them and of course I’m here to ask and learn, but originally I wanted to build a very basic VR game to test out the capability and prototype a demo for a university module. However, I quickly found the WMR device doesn’t work in UE4 with the easy plug and play setup I had hoped, at first not being even to access the VR options within engine.

After looking under Unreals own support page (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/…WMR/index.html) there was an apparent “natively support” with 4.21 but this doesn’t seem to be true as far as I’m aware, as well at the page being near pointless with its lack of information on what this support is or how to set it up, par the link to Microsofts checklist which is all verified by the WMR own program so of course, it works on their side.
I, of course, searched for more support elsewhere spending the most part of a day trying to find a fix, finding the Steam VR helps you actually run in VR but at the price of not fully working as half the buttons don’t function, making it unusable for any building or testing.

My main question is, is there any proper detailed guide or even step by step videos on how people got the WMR to function at all in unreal, having full use of controls such as movement and access to the actual buttons?
Is there something I’m missing? an easy plugin or code to download and throw in?
As well as any other advice or hints to optimize it for engine for someone whos, not the most heavily code skilled.

Thanks in advance

• One mentally drained student

I would like to see a working implementation by Epic on how to setup WMR controllers. I’ve used both an Odyssey + and Dell Visor. You can preview your project with these HMDs in 4.23 after adding the WMR plugin. I use my PS3 game controller to move around this works as a temporary solution until I can figure out how to get full motion controller functionality. To configure your project for VR you need to implement some optimization settings as I’ve found most large content scenes wouldn’t run as I only see those 4 rotating spheres in the VR HMD. This is what’s needed.
​​​​​​
A) Add a Post Processing volume to your scene and check the Ubound property
B) Under General settings look for frame rate and uncheck smoothing. I also set a lower minimum frame rate of 25 fps as iam using a 1050Ti GPU
C) Under Rendering settings you need to check Instanced Preview this is to render output to both eyes simultaneously.
D) Use Forward Shading not Deferred
E) Set Anti aliasing to MSAA

Note if you use the third person template as for a standard 3D application it also works when played in VR mode.

The largest project I’ve viewed thus far is the free Open world nature demo of the Poplar tree forest. There is considerable stutter when moving within the world.