Download

From UDK to EU4, Pipeline and Feature changes Reference

Bonjour Everyone.

This post is about the changes in Pipeline and features between UDK and Unreal Engine 4.
Why this post ?
Because I am transferring 2 years of work (assets, shaders, Unreal Scripts, etc…) to the New UE4.
I am of course having issues, and solving them takes me time.
So i want this post to be a reference to you so you can save time.

edit : I will be editing this also, new found (Thanks Smokey13

I will report back here very often these days (End of March 2014) to add corrections or content.
If you have some feedback etc… i will add to this first post right here.
Please post your verified experiences only. This is not a solving post. It’s a reference, and what you can do to have similar things from UDK to UE4.

Materials :

• Emissive : In not enabled in the Mesh property in the level anymore. It’s inside the material. (advanced view option need to be ON), it’s dynamic,
  • Specular : You can specify a color into it anymore. It need to be a “metalic material”

Geometry(meshes):
-Collision name have changed in your 3d apps
The UCX now need to have the same name than the main geometry.
UDK : MyMesh, UCX_MyCollision was okay.
EU4 : MyMesh, UCX_MyMesh_## The name need to be the same _## is a number in case you have several UCX in there

-No more .ase .psk .psa (from ActorX)
Go Fbx (2013)

Lights, lightmaps, lightmass:

• Emissive doesn’t emit photons anymore (will not show in lightmaps)

you should check out this thread:).

Forget the scripts, they’re redundant. The materials are set-up completely differently too. So you have a big job in hand.

Please check smokey’s link and update the Wiki page as you find more!

VERY COOL !
I will update there then !

Kewl thread I will watch it. I am pretty solid on getting everything moved over currently minus the below topic.

Ha, sorry, I won’t say anything important here : I never used terrains. (nor will I in the next year considering my current projects)