Fresh C++ project fails to compile UE4.18.3 on Mac OS

Can’t get past this error. I’ve tried compiling the project in Xcode as well with same results.

Running Mono…

Setting up Mono
/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine /Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/Mac
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for Unreal4AR_TestEditor
Running UnrealHeaderTool “/PROJECTS/UE4/Unreal4AR_Test/Unreal4AR_Test.uproject” “/PROJECTS/UE4/Unreal4AR_Test/Intermediate/Build/Mac/Unreal4AR_TestEditor/Development/Unreal4AR_TestEditor.uhtmanifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
Reflection code generated for Unreal4AR_TestEditor in 9.5792895 seconds
@progress pop
Performing 6 actions (4 in parallel)
[1/6] Compile SharedPCH.Engine.h
In file included from /Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Mac/UE4Editor/Development/Engine/SharedPCH.Engine.h:138:
In file included from /Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Public/EngineSharedPCH.h:300:
Runtime/CoreUObject/Public/UObject/UnrealType.h:3285:37: error: lambda capture ‘LocalMapLayoutForCapture’ is not used [-Werror,-Wunused-lambda-capture]
[LocalKeyPropForCapture, KeyPtr, LocalMapLayoutForCapture](void* NewElementKey)
^
Runtime/CoreUObject/Public/UObject/UnrealType.h:3298:41: error: lambda capture ‘LocalMapLayoutForCapture’ is not used [-Werror,-Wunused-lambda-capture]
[LocalValuePropForCapture, ValuePtr, LocalMapLayoutForCapture](void* NewElementValue)
^
Runtime/CoreUObject/Public/UObject/UnrealType.h:3808:47: error: lambda capture ‘LocalSetLayoutForCapture’ is not used [-Werror,-Wunused-lambda-capture]
[LocalElementPropForCapture, ElementToAdd, LocalSetLayoutForCapture](void* NewElement)
^
3 errors generated.
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: /PROJECTS/UE4/Unreal4AR_Test/Binaries/Mac/UE4Editor-Unreal4AR_Test.dylib
Total build time: 36.09 seconds (Local executor: 0.00 seconds)

Getting the same issue here as well

Managed to figure out my issue. Seemed that Xcode 9.3 didn’t work. Tried 8.3 and it ran fine.

Thanks for the info. I need Xcode 9.3 for Arcore to compile. Thankfully UE4.19 was just officially released with the unified API, so maybe I’m dodging the bullet.

I also run into this errors generated from [-Werror,-Wunused-lambda-capture] setting using Xcode 9.3 and was able to work around it with downgrading to Xcode 9.0.

I think my answer on a similar question may help you

Downgrading from Xcode 9.4.1 to Xcode 9.0 fixed this issue for me.

Only downgrading from Xcode 9.4.1 to Xcode 9.0 fixed this issue for me. You can’t upload Xcode 8.3 builds to the AppStore anymore, because Xcode 8 targets iOS 10 and it must target iOS 11 at least. Application Loader will give you an error.