[FREE] Simple Birds Blueprint - Easily add birds to your projects!

Hi everyone,

In 2018 I received a tremendous amount of support from this community, and as a THANK YOU, I am releasing a simplified version of the Birds from my Animal Behavior Kit, for free!

Thank you all for the support and enjoy! :slight_smile:

Download HERE
Unreal Engine 4.18+

Tutorial from the Animal Behavior Kit (Still applies to this version)

4 Likes

Thank You for this present!! Merry Christmas! :slight_smile:

I knew Santa Claus was real! Thank you so much for your work :smiley:

You’re welcome! Merry Christmas!

You’re welcome :slight_smile: Merry Christmas!!

Hello guys ! :slight_smile:

I just stumbled on this thread as I was looking to implement birds in my project ! I think it is really great.

However, I don’t know if it’s me or if it’s a problem of compatibility with the most recent version of UE but the birds are not staying in the AI box. Moreover, it seems that the “proximity” check box is not working on my side.

I tried to migrate the “ABK flying birds” folder from the initial project to mine. Did I miss a step ?

Thank you in advance ! :slight_smile:

Have a great day

Thank you for sharing this. :slight_smile:

Hey there - make sure you add the tag ‘Player’ to your Character so proximity works :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome - glad you found it useful :slight_smile:

Hi.

Do this assets work witj UE 4.22?

Hey, it should work in 4.22. Just make sure you migrate the entire folder to your project :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for this nice present to the community. I will try it in my project.

You’re welcome - Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Hi im zuper newbie in this UE4 things, can u give me a favor bout example of add tag player usibg bluprint? Thx

Hey there,

Open your character and go into the details panel. Then search for “tag” and click on the + sign to add the actor tag. Type “Player”, compile and save :slight_smile:

Thanks for this great solution. In this quick rundown I explain howto extend this blueprint to work underwater

Hi, looking great, but i have a problem getting it to run in 4.25.1
But making the change (see screenshots) here and in few other spots… i get the Birds in and Flying :slight_smile:
But my Birds (solo and BOID) all fly out of the BoundingBox area, towards worldcoord 0,0,0

I also put an actor Tag in “Player” as seen in your earlier comments.

Please tell me where i can fix this??
Thanks in advance!

@CoquiGames here is the initial error when first using BP_FlyingAnimal:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“data-tempid”:“temp_195470_1592487486174_13”,“title”:“greenshot_2020-06-18 15_35_00-Window.jpg”}[/ATTACH]
https://forums.unrealengine.com/core/image/gif;base64
​

Hey there,

I tried implementing your asset, but it gives me several compiling errors when I drop the BP_FlyingAnimal in, on top of showing a jpg saying “Blueprint BAD” instead of the bird. Is this because it doesn’t run on newer UE versions, or what went wrong?

i m having some issues in doing so…my birds are just flapping at their location and not moving forward

Added to my project and can’t get the birds to fly either. Anybody knows how to fix this?

Many thanks!

1 Like