FREE Responsive 3D Water with render Targets

Based on the UE4 Render Target Liquid System I created a Blueprint to increase its size :smiley:
Comments are welcome.

Download:
https://goo.gl/2g4Mct

V1
FREE Unreal Engine 4 Reactive Dynamic Water 3D Project Download [UE4.19] - YouTube](YouTube)

V2
FREE Unreal Engine 4 Reactive Dynamic Water V.2 Project Download Update [UE4.20] - YouTube](YouTube)

V3
FREE Unreal Engine 4 Reactive Dynamic Water V3 Project Download [UE4.20] - YouTube](YouTube)

How to migrate to your project V2 (OLD)

](YouTube)

nice work!!!

Thank you. You do good work always !!!

Version 2.0 of the UE4 dynamic water is on the way with many bugfixes and features for example:

• tiling working

• multiple water instances with multiple materials and settings

• framerate independence simulation

• improved performance

• better blueprint communication

• better material and blueprint layout

amazing job !!!

Thank you brother

Updated to final version 2.0

Wow, I did not expect that huge of a performance increase! That’s seriously impressive!

wow, that really looks impressive. i tried to download it but the zip. archive seems to be korrupt …

Tutorial how to implement

Thanks mate. Works pretty well now. The only thing I notice is the system seems to hang up from the collision checks or something.

The guy who made the $350 marketplace water system revealed a little today how his system works.
He’s using scene depth to check for any object/collision.
https://80.lv/articles/unified-inter…system-for-ue/

Jeah I have already finished implementing scene depth for V3… releasing it soon^^

Great job marvelmaster! I really appreciate your contribution.

hi. I was using your water to make an ocean for my island but the water kills the fps…can i use this for ocean, or only small lakes?

Increase the tile scale to lets say 6 or 8 or 10 and if waves are too big then also increase render target resolution :wink:

Updated to V3

V3
FREE Unreal Engine 4 Reactive Dynamic Water V3 Project Download [UE4.20] - YouTube](YouTube)

V3 looks great - thank you for sharing! I’ve already downloaded it and will try it out tonight!

The infinite plane looks interesting - how much of a challenge do you think it’d be to add some waves to the water? Otherwise this looks like a pretty complete package.

this is phenomenal !!! thank you very much for releasing this for free. Really apriciated !!
i have some issues, though.

• i have a blueprint with a static mesh in it, moving along a spline through the water. but i cant manage to make the water react to it …
    iadded the water tags, and made sure physics are on, and the mesh has a collision object… but its still not reacting …
  • when i insert the sphere object into the water, my character cant move it as easy as the one shown in the video… i have a point & click mechanic. so i click with the mouse where my char
    should go. i once accidentely managed to move the sphere… but never again since, even if i click like crazy so my char has to walk “over” the sphere … no movement …

can you help me with those things !

but aside these things, its really working very very good
thx again !!

i found the solution for my problems :wink:
twi new occured:

• i need an invisible actor stirring up the water. but if i set it to hidden in game or apply an invisible material to it, the water isnt moving anymore at all. Is there another way make the actor invisible ?
  • i can set planar reflections on and off. Is there a way to control the power of the reflection ?
    kind regards
    this is adding so much to my game ! thx a thousand times again !!!
    kind regards
    stucki

Thank for this project works great and also for yours tutorials on youtube are very interesting and well done.
Congratulation…

Cool. VaM HairGrab - YouTube create plugin hair?