FREE Responsive 3D Water with render Targets

ever heard of the tag " waterlocal" ?

No :wink: trying to change the tags from water to waterlocal makes the actor not move the water at all …
Can you please explain a little more detailed what you mean.
I need an invisible actor to stir up the water. Is this possible to achive ?
kind regards
if you want to you can get back to me per mail: info(add)dreiddd.de
stucki

Actor tag “water” and every of its component that has no physical velocity gets “waterlocal” …as the demolevel explains -,-

thx for your fast answer,i looked at the level and found the waterlocal part, but i think we arent talking about the same thing :wink:
i want an invisible actor to stir up the water. so you see the water stirring, but you dont see the actor that stirrs the water…
but if i set the material of the actor to an invisible one, or set the actor to not visible or hidden in game, i get no stirring at all.
is it possible to only see the stirring on the water but not the actor that stirs the water ?
hope i have explained it better this time :wink:
kind regards
stucki

maybe try the impact at location function with a very low or 0.0 delay

i must be to stupid to describe exactly what i need :wink:
so i just painted a picture to better visualisize my whish ! hope this helps …
i want the red ball to be invisble but the green water stirring to be visible. Is this possible ?
kind regards

Again…for primitive stuff use impact at location…

thx very very much for your fast help ! Now i got everythinh working as it should !! the system is very powerful !!

Nice job man ! Contratulations and thanks for this !

Hey guys,

I made some small improvements to this amazing asset and wanted to share it with everyone.

My changes:

• Added support for multiple actors to affect the water simultaneously
  • Improved performance by having the water update cycle through an array instead of getting all actors with tag in the scene
  • Added an actor component that automatically adds the correct tags to your object!

Download HERE.

My test with animals running around affecting the water simultaneously

Tutorial on my version of the asset

Thanks again to @marvelmaster for the awesome project!

So looking at the integrate video , I do not have a " water master" bp. Only “WaterBody” BPO. , when I first tried to open the project , it got stuck at 45 percent . but then it was in the launcher already and openable. but the original project does not have the water master bp in it either.Is there now a different way of integrating with the changes in V3? So this time the original project opened normally but still does not have water master bp.

Ok so I got this working , your version males it easy . Is there a way to have my character float ? I cant obviously simulate physics on my character.

Interesting that I lost performance when packaged the game, usually I gain performance after packaging as Shipped. (Yes I applied same graphic settings in editor to packaged game)

It’s like 60-70 fps when i would get 80-90 in editor. Same resolution, settings applied, etc. Oh well

@Gallonmate depending on the amount of work, the performance at the editor viewport usually is higher since its size is reduced and even packaged you will use the full display area, as an example I usually leave the editor viewport area around HD size (720p), but when I play the game packaged I set the resolution for FullHD (1080p), so hardly the performance will be higher when packaged.

Thanks Nilson. As mentioned though, I’m using the same resolutions when comparing performance. I have packaged other projects before, almost always gaining performance. I will have to spend some time profiling and looking at how this works/render targets, as it seems the Draw performance is where the issue is coming from.

lol why is disableallscreenmessages executed by default in the character blueprint?

Anyways solved my performance issue for packaged game/project. Set Fullscreen Mode to Windowed Fullscreen/Borderless solved performance loss. For some reason True Fullscreen is causing some performance loss.

Hello!

Have anyone idea why I have these red reflections? I tried switching off show flags on capturescene component one by one what it should reflect, but I couldn’t hide that.
I haven’t any red object around… :frowning:
Also, the look of water seems different in the editor as in play in the viewport. While the landscape reflected fine in the editor, I lost it when the game played. How can I get landscape reflections?
If I use another water material than own one, I get the reflections so I assume the problem is with material?
(Of course, the other material is not good as doesn’t have the same material parameters causes the waves moving so I cant use it.)

thanks

did you set the support global clip plane?