[FREE] Procedural Rope Bridge

Thanks. I have your bridge working it is very cool. I have been trying to simulate a bridge for a while now in Max without good results. Have you tried it in VR ? The teleporter will not target it. Any suggestions on how to make it targetable? Sorry that is a side issue just wondering how it would work in VR. What would you recommend to learn to understand how to use this asset. The blueprint seems quite advanced. Where would a beginner in blueprints begin to work with this asset or should I just wait a while and learn more before attempting such a simulation and animation?

Donation made.

Thank you!! Thant is very kind of you :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I am not in possession of a VR headset so have not tried it myself. The blueprint is a standard actor though so I can’t think why it wouldn’t target it. Could you show me your blueprint graph with the teleport logic so I can understand how you are teleporting?

Most controls of the blueprint appear in the details panel of the editor so you shouldn’t need to change anything inside the actual blueprint itself. However, if there’s anything you’d like me to add or modify or if there’s anything you are unsure about send me the details and I’ll try my best to help.

Thanks, I just used the VR template with 4.13+ . Sorry I need to study it more to make an intelligent response. So much to learn here. But it seems possible to teleport on to most actors I think.

I’ve tried to put it in my own project but when the character steps into it the bridge kinda moves up and down very fast and the character is launched in the air?how can i fix it

From the details panel, try adjusting both the ‘Damping’ and the ‘Mesh Mass Scale’ parameters.

There still glitches, i have tried to adjust those values but still nothing, by the way i’m using 4.13 , TPS character, i really need this Blueprint,so if you can please help.i would appreciate:) it thank’s

Are you using the supplied plank meshes or have you replaced them with your own models? If you’ve replaced them you should make sure the collision volumes aren’t colliding with each other.

Perhaps you could upload the project files or at least a video of the issue so I can see what’s going on. You can send them to me via a private message.

I’m quite busy today so probably wont be able to investigate this further until the weekend.

Regards,

ULLS

Thank’s for your time man, i have just made a video showing the issue i have.I hope you can find the answer thank’s
and by the way the line traces showing in the video have nothing to do with it ,and when the character flies that’s not because of your BP, just so that you know.

Hi

can anyone able to create a samething but a concrete bridge

I’ve made this easily customisable - just select any static mesh (i.e. concrete blocks) from the details pane and voila! (you can set this to be rigid too)

I may update this with some concrete examples if time permits.

Regards,

ULLS

I’ve been working on a VR bridge simulator for people with a fear of bridges or heights. This package has been really useful. @rich0550 asked why he couldn’t teleport onto the bridge. It might be because the teleport trace (i.e, Predict Projectile Path by Object Type) doesn’t search for WorldDynamic collision. Mine was only searching for WorldStatic, and that fouled me up for a long time.

Right now I’m trying to figure out why my bridges become a tangled board chaos whenever I walk on them.
4d7d59656b90593425d3a46906f10eb7ebb99aec.jpeg

Also, thanks @ULLS for this package, it’s been super useful.

Weird, I’ve not encountered this happening, I imagine it’ll be quite terrifying for people with a fear of bridges or heights hahaha…

What engine version are you using this in? I’ll try to reproduce this on my end over the weekend and fix if possible. I’m glad you are making use out of it :slight_smile:

Sorry, I just saw your message @ULLS, I’m on 4.17 now, though I started on 4.16. I’m pretty sure the tangled mess of boards was because objects were getting between the boards. One of the bridges in my screenshot hung too low over the ground. When it sank to the ground it would get inside the rock on the left and instanity would breakout. Often that made it teleport into the bridge next to it, and things got even worse.

I had a similar problem with non-physics objects like pawns moving on the bridge. I don’t think I really “fixed” that version of the problem, but I did tweak the physics on my bridges a bit so the pawns couldn’t get their capsule inside the bridge as easily, and the problem has basically been solved.

EDIT: I’m pretty sure this is the same problem @Cinebeast was having back on page 3 too.

Love the blueprint and the bridge in general. I do have one question. How do I get it set up where it does not keep going and going and going? Other words, how do I get it to extend to where I want it at a short distance rather than keep on going even through the landscape? I have attached a screenshot of what it keeps doing. The yellow line is the bridge I am talking about as shown under the landscape.

Thanks!! There’s a ‘MaxDistance’ parameter in the details pane you can use to manually cap how far it extends. It should automatically calculate the distance of the gap on its own…I’m not sure why this isn’t working for you though. It should be fairly easy to debug this…find where I perform the trace and enable the debug draw…maybe print out what it hits.