I’m really excited to finally share my Modular Road Tool with the community!!
Tutorial - Adding custom mesh and materials to MRT
- Spline-based road tool makes it easy to create your roads in-editor
- Quickly change between 1 lane and 2 lane roads
- Fully modular - use your own meshes and materials on each road segment individually!
- Auto-support added if the road is above the ground (configurable)
- Flexible Blutilities - Attach to other roads, align to surface, align landscape to the road, spawn end meshes and actors, clone roads, and even spawn connectors directly
- 2 types of connectors - 4 way and 3 way connectors with options for side walk meshes per corner and individual materials
- Add custom meshes to the side of the road - included light poles in this example with ability to define separation and material per road
- Flexible materials - change the road color and texture, change the visibility and color of individual lines on the road, and even add weather effects like rain or snow!
- BONUS - simple slope-based landscape material with grass and dirt, with option of adding snow
- 3 demo scenes included - sunny, snowny, rainy to showcase the materials
Please let me know what you think and post here if you have any questions.
This is a nice complimentary city pack that goes really well with this tool - check it out!
Download - HERE