[FREE] Mobile Utils - mobile community project

Hello!

Thanks for sharing so great, clean :slight_smile: and opensource utils for mobile with ue4!

Hope my questions here are not so out of topic. Iā€™m figuring how to communicate 2 mobile Apps ( IOS or Android ) in the same terminal. One has an UE4 App and the other not ( that one launches the Ue4 App). Both requires share some info, text files right now.
My first attempt was to find a way to share that folder path for both Apps. So they can read/write there.

This or other ideaslike here but impletable with Ue4 are so welcome. Iā€™ve thought to use TCP messaging but not sure if that would be a good solution. Probably I would have to deal with SO permisions blocking messages like this TCP/UDP pluggin says: ā€œYou have to keep in mind that IOS blocks unsafe connections. It can be somehow deactivated.ā€

Regards

Iā€™ve found a way to do that by sending OSC messages between the 2 Apps, and itā€™s working. But depending on the OS that might be unstable. (For Android is possible that App 1 get automatically closed if Android thinks this is good for the performance of the smartphone when launching App 2ā€¦ No idea what can going on for IOS yetā€¦
But all this about is not so much about this plugin.

So, referring to this plugin:
Iā€™ve read best to do for Android is to add intent functionality to the UE4 App, so be able to receive Intents from specific APP and receive some data there.
Is it possible to do it using this plugin ?

Checking here (Add category to intent-filter into AndroidManifest.xml) what I need is to add an intent filter to allow to the App to be aware of that intent and the data.

Iā€™ve read here too about the way override onActivityResult is using this:

<gameActivityOnActivityResultAdditions>
<insert>
// code
</insert>
</gameActivityOnActivityResultAdditions>

Is here where I will capture the Intent activity with the data?
The data that I want to receive is a Json file.

Thanks!

Iā€™ve started to follow suggested Android instructions for Android do try to learn here and create my own functions hereā€¦ But to try new functionalities is better to start directly modifying the game engine, right?

good jobļ¼ļ¼ļ¼ļ¼ļ¼

Hello, how did XXXX.embeddedframework.zip make it?

Hi, is there a way to remove READ_PHONE_STATE from my app since I donā€™t need Get Persistent Unique Device Id ? If I just package it for Google play store, they always say itā€™s already included in APK.

Edit: never mind, found it in MobileUtils_UPL_Android.xml, removed it and so far it works fine. Great plugin, thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi,
I am struggling with getting auth token. After success with External UI i am using the function Get Auth Token, but the result is ā€œNot Acquiredā€. Any idea whatā€™s wrong or what should i do?

Thanks.

We are using the Check Internet Connection node on iOS and it always returns false. It is working for us on Android thoughā€¦ any idea why that might be?

Hello,

1. Please make XXXX.embeddedframework folder
  2. Place XXXX.framework in this folder
  3. Pack XXXX.embeddedframework folder using a zip tool.

You can disable READ_PHONE_STATE by removing 36 line in MobileUtils_UPL_Android.xml: https://github.com/gameDNAstudio/MobileUtils/blob/master/Source/MobileUtils/MobileUtils_UPL_Android.xml#L36

We recently noticed that Google and Epic changed APIs and function Get Auth Token no longer works on Android. To obtain Auth Token you need to have Ultimate Mobile Kit plugin with Firebase implementation: gameDNA is coming back very soon ā€“ gameDNA For obtaining Auth Token is useful function ā€œFirebase Sign In With Googleā€ in Firebase Authentication module.

Yes, you are right. You will capture Intent data in gameActivityOnActivityResultAdditions.

It depends on you. Currently we prefer to write functionality directly in the plugin :slight_smile:

Weā€™ve just tested this function on IOS and it works for us. If you use ā€œLaunch Onā€ function, please use "File -> Package Project instead of.

Mobile Utils 1.9.0 Preview for UE 4.20 Preview 3!

Iā€™ve just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.20 Preview 3.
You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab: GitHub - gameDNAstudio/MobileUtils: A plugin for Unreal Engine 4 that lets you integrate mobile utilit

If you find any bug, feel free to report it :slight_smile:

Mobile Utils 1.9.0 for UE 4.20 released!

Weā€™ve just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.20.
You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or from Unreal Marketplace.

CHANGELOG:

• Added support for UE 4.20

Available for FREE on GitHub: GitHub - gameDNAstudio/MobileUtils: A plugin for Unreal Engine 4 that lets you integrate mobile ut
Available for FREE on Unreal Marketplace: Mobile Utils in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace

Mobile Utils 1.10.0 Preview for UE 4.21 Preview 4!

Iā€™ve just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.21 Preview 4.
You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab: GitHub - gameDNAstudio/MobileUtils: A plugin for Unreal Engine 4 that lets you integrate mobile utilit

Mobile Utils 1.10.0 for UE 4.21 released!

Weā€™ve just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.21.
You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or from Unreal Marketplace.

CHANGELOG:

• Compatibility updates for Unreal Engine 4.21

Available for FREE on GitHub: GitHub - gameDNAstudio/MobileUtils: A plugin for Unreal Engine 4 that lets you integrate mobile ut
Available for FREE on Unreal Marketplace: Mobile Utils in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace

Mobile Utils 1.11.0 Preview for UE 4.22 Preview 2!

Iā€™ve just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.22 Preview 2.
You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab: GitHub - gameDNAstudio/MobileUtils: A plugin for Unreal Engine 4 that lets you integrate mobile ut

Mobile Utils 1.11.0 for UE 4.22 released!

Weā€™ve just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.22.

CHANGELOG:

• Compatibility updates for Unreal Engine 4.22

Available for FREE on GitHub: GitHub - gameDNAstudio/MobileUtils: A plugin for Unreal Engine 4 that lets you integrate mobile utilit

hi.
i was searching for the method to produce embeddedframework and found your this post.
after following it i was able to add the framework as a zip file without any error.
But in reality i guess it was failing . bcz i was getting this warinning:

and i was getting error of not finding the headers files that was inside that farmework.

can you give me some hints or clue about those warrings ?

btw, lipo -info gives me this things:

so i guess arm64 architecture support already exist in that fat famework .
am i right?