Free for all but players end up on the same team and can't damage each other?

My game is 16 person, 1v1 bracket style tournament. Occasionally I see that players end up on the same team and therefore cannot do damage to each other. Island settings look like this:

Seems like players ending up on the same team shouldn’t be possible. Has anyone seen anything like this? Is it a known issue or could there be something wrong on my end?

@alk3ovation Thank you for your report! We would like to look into this further, would you be able to submit a bug report using the form available here? Fortnite Creative

in the player generator, you have it set so that it makes an even distribution of the players. I had a problem in which, being a dueling map, the opponent put me on the same team as I changed it and that problem no longer occurred.

Is this the team size setting? I have the team size set to 1, assuming that means each team should have no more than 1 person on it. There is a split evenly option there but I’m not using it.

Will do! Submitted!

Did you find a solution for this? :smiley:

You can try to manually balance all teams using Verse, or you can simply enable friendly fire in the settings. It is very common in ffa maps. It won’t matter which team you are in, you are free to attack or team up.