[Free Community Project] [Blueprints] Cardinal Menu System | Steam and LAN Server Browser and Pings

I’ve run into a lot of strange bugs with inputs. I tried a few different methods and settled on this one. I think a lot of the issues center around the arrays being re-ordered by the engine. I was never able to figure out exactly what is going on. I know for sure alphabetical order on the input matters. I wouldn’t be surprised if the key mapping plugin doesn’t work right with secondary mapping.

Here’s the method by Mathew Wadstein I’m considering using. deathclonic brought it to my attention. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNEs8kh7F0A

The project has been released for Unreal Engine 4.16 today. Major changes for this release includes making the Escape Key always open InGameMenu despite binds, the project now updates the number of players currently in session, and fixes the default binds not working when first compiling the project.

Also, Victory Plugin and GamepadUMGPlugin still use a TargetInfo argument instead of the new ReadOnlyTargetRules argument and as a result they throw errors. Rama will likely fix this issue soon. LoadingScreen plugin had compile issues in 4.16 and a version a few commits earlier was used instead. The project was updated to use ReadOnlyTargetRules arguments.

Edit, btw I just realized CardinalMenu’s session update won’t be called again if it fails. The next release will fix that if you happened to notice it.

Please post if you find any bugs.

The menu system for Unreal Engine 4.17 has been released. It includes an in game return to game button and a debug print to screen fix.

The menu system for Unreal Engine 4.18 has been released.

Cardinal Menu has been released for Unreal Engine 4.19 today. This update now includes Steam listen server pings! (As requested)

The video on the first post has been updated to reflect the current version of the project.

Hi, error plugin RAMA no working 4.19.2 :confused:

I haven’t seen any problems with plugins. What is happening on your end? What version of Visual Studio are you using? Are you using the engine from source or the epic launcher edition?

So I have been searching for hours now and I can’t figure it out how to change the button text at the about section like for instance to change the Project Credits text to just Menu credits and the donate text to Donate to menu creator!
I have searched in every single widget and boolean can’t find it sorry for bad english

I didn’t think your english was bad. :slight_smile:

Edit - Here’s the answer:

Navigate to the blueprint at WidgetBlueprint’/Game/Cardinal/MainMenu/Blueprints/UI/MainMenu.MainMenu’

In Designer Mode, click on MainMenu -> HorizontalBox -> MenuButtonsLine

In the details tab, there will be default values for the “ButtonsNames” that can be edited.

The submenu lines can be edited in the same way in their respective blueprints. (For example, the SettingsSubMenu buttons are set in SettingsButtonsLine)

Let me know if that doesn’t work? Off the top of my head I think this is the answer. Hopefully it helps.

(As a side note, I didn’t design the menu system. It’s based off of Main Menu by ZioYuri78. I might redesign it someday to be more intuitive to edit, but once you learn where things are, it isn’t too bad.)

Hi, first of all, thanks for this awesome project who make me win time and learning ressources. I have just have a question.

Will you make an update for UE4 4.20 ? Because I can’t make the last release work with this version.

Cordially, PAB.

I’m glad you find the project useful :slight_smile:

The new version should be out very soon. I’ve had to fix a few plugin issues and I’m testing it over the next few days.

The project’s forums and repositories are down because the host suffered a drive loss and I/O is bottlenecked on the server yesterday. I haven’t been able to commit any changes. I hope to have the new release out by next week.

In the meantime, since our repositories are down and you want to use the project for 4.20, I uploaded the plugins for 4.20 here. http://downloads.metahusk.com/dev/Ca…ugins_4-20.zip

We are still in the processes of testing them, but the plugins compile without issues. I think it will work fine. (Linux dedicated compiles as well. I’ve been quietly making sure there’s linux dedicated support with the plugins for the past few engine versions. That’s why PingPlugin is the 4.19 version, there’s a problem with the current plugin’s code and linux.)

If they don’t compile or function correctly, let me know. I tested them with VS2017.

Oh my god, you are a genius ! Thanks you so much for the speed of you answer ! I will try it now, I come back soon to you to give you returns ! Thanks you again !

That’s perfectly work !!! Thanks you so much ! God bless you !!

Have a nice day.

You’re welcome.

I found two problems with 4.20. The friends list is not populating and the XBOX control binds are broken. (possibly, still testing, it might be the gamepad plugin. if you don’t care about gamepad support, then you can ignore this)

The function “BuildSessionsList” under comment “Checks If Session Is Real” in Blueprint WidgetBlueprint’/Game/Cardinal/MainMenu/Blueprints/UI/PlayGamePanels/FriendsList.FriendsList’

I bypassed the GetUniqueBuildID != 0 check to fix it. Honestly, I can’t remember why that check was originally there. I think it probably had something to do with duplicate sessions results in previous engine builds.

So far I haven’t found any other problems. I haven’t tested steam pings yet, though.

The 4.20 release will fix a log warning about not finding a sav file and also maybe fix the annoying need to manually put the control bindings in the configs.

I’m still testing the 4.20 release, but I’m pretty sure I’ve fixed all the bugs with the new version. Here’s a link to the new release candidates if you want them early.

http://metahusk.com/files/CardinalMenu/CardinalMenu_Demo_v180808_420.zip
http://metahusk.com/files/CardinalMenu/CardinalMenu_Project_v180808_420.zip

The project has been released for Unreal Engine 4.20 today.

This version fixes issues with controller joystick movement input breaking after returning to the main menu and the need to manually place control input config files into your packaged game.

Let us know if you find any bugs.

Download it here: Cardinal Menu System by Metahusk | Steam Server Browser, Credits, and Game Settings | MetahuskMetahusk

Awesome! Thanks a lot for your work! :slight_smile:

nvm i find the fix

relly cool , maybe use it…