[Free] Auto Terrain Cover V3 - Release

Thanks for the awesome work and the update! But after I’m trying to download and unzip the “AutoTerrainCover_4_14” file i’m getting the “Unexpected end of archive” error. I’m using the WinRAR 5.40 for it, and tried to redownload the file for three times to make sure that the problem is not on my bad I-net side. Help?

Try the example project as that also has the plugin in it as well.

Thanks , i have a feature request if you take them :P, it dates back abit to this https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?97253-FREE-Advanced-Cinematic-Grass-Blueprint-with-3D-Imposter-Sprite-foliage the landscape material in it had a neat way of rendering grass out of LOD range as a overlay for the landscape material it really helped your FPS as you could set the grass culling distance low. Thanks again.

Was the snow height parameter removed?

Thanks OP,

How are you doing the trails? does the ATC have a trail spline function?

It’s in the engine itself, first option under landscape all the way at the bottom is splines.

Yes it was it was an aweful solution but u can load a mask into the snow layer via right click

The best i can find is “edit splines” but i dont see how to add them ect?

am i crazy? haha.

And does ATC auto make “trails” out of the splines? or do you just have them there for reference?

Ahoy! Thanks very much for this awesome plugin. Thoroughly enjoying using the v3 for 4.13 (using 4.13.2 source-built engine). When trying to load the new 4.14 updated plugin in a 4.14 source-built engine I’m not able to see the plugin under C++ classes, (after selecting view plugins). I’ll keep messing with it, but for now will probably stick with V3 w/out the updates. One thing in V3 I’ve noticed is that grass meshes seem to be spawning at awkward angles when sloping of terrain begins/ends. Have you noticed this at all? I tried changing the landscape coords in the master material to 4033 (my landscape resolution) to resolve it and created a new material instance, but it didn’t seem to change anything with the grass meshes. I’ll let you know if I figure it out. Thanks again!

My meshes are aweful. Also you shouldnt see any c++ classes because its all blueprint. If you go to plugins make sure its enabled. After that enable plugin content in the content browser

Under splines Control click to make splines. you can attach meshes to the control points to apply a trail mesh.

Figured it out, thanks, found the docs, i was suppose to press CTRL+left click, thats what i was missing haha.

Thanks ! Yeah I’m an idiot and didn’t have it enabled, haha. Hmm one question: Is the 4.14 fix intended to work with 4.13.2? If not that makes sense, just want to make sure since I haven’t succesfully ported my project to 4.14 yet.

Yes and no… It uses the new material set and get for cleanup. But should be able to be replicated.

Hmm alright thanks for the info!

The project is damaged

I need more data, what are you publishing. Meaning, is it the uploaded project? Your own project? If its the example have you tried it in a fresh project.

@ how do you think the performance would be if this plugin also auto generated trees on runtime like the grass? w/ a setting on how far to generate(or linked to the foliage quality setting in unreal).

The error occurs in this project

Can you replace the plugin in that one with the one marked fixed and trying again?

I’ll see if I’m lucky.