Free 360 Spherical Panorama Capture Tool (And getting trolled by Marketplace staff)

Hi does anybody know if this works with water. I have been try to render out a 360 video of a beach but the water doesn’t appear in the rendered out images. Is it possible to get this to work?
The image I have attached is all supposed to be under water.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow this looks really nice. It should be a marketplace item. :expressionless:

Great tool for making skyboes/skyspheres!
Create skybox level, get this tool, make texture.
Use it with sphere skymesh and reflection vector in material. :smiley:

Hi, I unfortunately did not test it with advanced water materials. My suspect is that the underwater effect uses some special shader which detects where the level camera is. What could possibly work is to take the camera which the sequencer uses as the primary one, and parent it onto the 360 capture blueprint, so that the camera moves with the blueprint.

Not saying it will work, but I’d try it :slight_smile:

I’m trying this out now. An example map with everything setup would be quite helpful. Especially because it requires (?) a sequencer to use and I don’t know how to use that. Also - disk space size doesn’t matter because if it did we wouldn’t be using Unreal engine. :grinning:

Also a 1-button “single shot” would probably be a more common use case than the movies? Our artist complain about the Nvidia tool they use now all the time for making cube maps.

Really cool and nice work. :+1:

That’s why I made a tutorial video. I also made an example map originally for the marketplace asset, but since it did not get accepted to marketplace, I just didn’t care anymore :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Rawalanche for this really simple to use and useful tool!
I used it without issues last year with UE5 Early Access, but I am trying it now with Preview 1 and the project crashes as soon as I start rendering the sequence. Any idea of what it could be?

I get this Fatal error: [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\ShaderParameterStruct.cpp] [Line: 454] FTSRResolveHistoryCS’s required shader parameter FParameters::History::Translucency was not set.

I find out that Engine Scalability Settings set to Cinematic (the default value for the sequencer) is the thing that makes the editor crash. If I disable it the 360 frames are rendered but without Lumen lighting, basically with no Global illumination.

Hopefully, I gave you enough info in order to look into it.
I really like the simplicity of the tool compared to other similar ones and 360 panoramas are an essential output for our archviz projects, so I am willing to donate something if you can look into it.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Hi,

the tool doesn’t have any C++ code, it’s just a simple blueprint. Your error clearly indicates it’s a crash somewhere in C++ code, so it’s a bug on Epic’s side.

Since UE5 final is only in first preview, it’s expected there to be bugs. Clicking “Send and Restart” alone should send the crash report to Epic, but you can increase your chances by filing a official report through the bug submission form, ideally attaching a simple project they can use to reproduce the crash.

i found this post with the same bug. perhaps it could help. i tested it, with no luck for the moment : UE5 Preview crashes at a precise moment in render, this message appears - #2 by Julian_Stys

@Rawalanche thank you very much for sharing this.
and im sorry to hear about your marketplace misadventure.

i modified the shared files and made a stereoscopic top/bottom version.
it works, but not very well.
seams are noticeable the top and bottom camera pairs work ok for the front 180degrees but for the back 180deg eye flip is needed. and this results in a strange seam above and below the center of the sphere.
anyway, i will clean up the scene a bit and upload the modified files here soon in case anyone is interested.

i believe that with more cameras it would work much better and i am willing to try it but i would need help with the UV math.

I would be fascinated if you managed to pull of a stereo. I mean the origin of the projection for any given direction needs to be distributed sort of around a ring:

If you imagine that each unique color on the image above is unique direction for left and right eye, you can sort of see how the origins of the cameras would have to be shifted. I have no clue how I’d do that with rasterization, using just scene captures. So I haven’t even tried, because I assumed the stereo just would not work.

ok here is the content folder:

im sure the cubemap to equirectangular functions could be more elegant :slight_smile:

*i disabled the slight image blurring since it makes the rendering way faster and can be easily done later.

**i added some baked masks to evaluate seams and to test performance vs your mask calculations.

here is an example:

here is an example without seam blurring and without the rear top/bottom eye flip fix:

and here it is with the fix:

now, i have a couple of camera arrangements in mind that may solve some problems (and probably creato others :P)

another way to make this better could be eliminating the seams by UV bending, if this term makes sense.

anyhow, tell me what you think.
thanks again

1 Like

in case you dint get notified, @Rawalanche

Sadly I could not find any 360 solution that works with lumen. If you could make it work I’d love to hear how!

1 Like

Thank you for this! I needed to export a 360 video in unreal for a school project. There were other plugins, but they cost way too much. You saved my project!

This is an awsome plugin! Thank you for making it available!
So sorry to hear how you have been treated by Epic/Unreal/Marketplace staff.

All the best!

hello!I have a problem with the environment using it in UE5, there seems to be no lighting. Can you tell me how to solve this problem? thanks!

1 Like

@ Rawalanche Can you Please share the link of the tool for UE 5.0.3.

Thank You.

Can someone add a camera shake on this 360 rig?
Thanks

Hi @Rawalanche So sorry to hear about what happened and thank you for making this available for free. Hope you are doing well.

I am trying this plugin which is very very easy to use compared to the paranomic rendering official one that comes with movie render queue and its requirement to use allocate history per pane which consumes a huge amount of vram and other issues like gpu crashes.

I want to ask if there is any possibility where you can pls look into getting it to work with Lumen. I know you mentioned in the past that ‘‘Lumen is significantly screen space dependent’’ here:

Would really appreciate if there is any info you can give on a possible update :pray:. I am using Ue5.1.1, would you say the developments made with Lumen and VSM would allow these features work with your tool currently or its not possible?