Forums keep logging me out

Can relate. Getting logouts again :confused:
Almost guaranteed whenever I click on “Publish” button from forums and occasionally just by opening forums

Same , multiple logouts on a daily basis. This applies to areas such as the marketplace seller portal, as well as the forums.

Getting auto-logged in is expected. The timeout for getting logged out, btw, should be 15 days. If you have been back within 15 days and you are getting logged out, please note the timestamp of when that happened and send me a PM so I can look up your particular request. There has been a number of fixes to sessions which I believe should results in a lot less logout issues but if there are still more problems with it, I’d like to track it down.

Well, I have no problems will being auto logged, I have the problem with being auto logged out in order to be logged in again :slight_smile:
Okay, I will send timestaps as soon as it happens again!

Actually it happens every hour so I probably stop sending PM’s otherwise I will fill your inbox completely D:

Hi,

Yes, the session for the forums is 1hr. We definitively need to take a look at that and extend it. The session for remembering your login (so you get automatically logged in) is 15 days. So you are saying you get logged out but automatically get logged back in, right? You don’t actually have to enter your credentials again? I am trying to understand what the actual issue is. As long as you are getting automatically logged back in (which sounds to me that’s the case), then it’s a matter of adjusting the forum expiration period.

Yep, you described the issue pretty accurate!

Thanks for the clarification. The previous logout issues were that you actually had to enter credentials again so I wanted to understand if that has been fixed (appears so). I’ll look into the extending the session expiration for the forums so that you don’t get the logout/login redirects too often.

Thank you!

I always get logged out after a few minutes…

The irony of reading through page one, and by the time I was done, timed out, had to relog in to read page 2.

smh.

The site usually logs me out. I have to visit the forums first which relogs me in and then I can go to unrealengine.com without it auto logging me out.

Yeah, I think I am hitting these weird timeouts too. I’m not sure, but this may be a new issue. We’ve resolved a couple other login issues since the beginning of this thread. The timeout for taking too long on posts is different than the force logouts we’ve fixed. I’m pinging the web team to take a look.

Thanks for looking into this . Lazarus is my favorite extension lately and saves the day often, but its also good to know you guys are working on it. Cheers!

I’m seeing this automatic ‘Logging you in…’ message very frequently when I refresh or navigate in the forums, definitely not only after 1hr+ inactivity. I’ve only noticed it in the last week or two.

Yeah that’s the one I get as well. If I don’t check the forums before anywhere else on the unrealengine.com site it will do the same message, but logging out.

same issue :]

anyone found a fix for it