Forums account was duplicated

Hello,
I created my Epic Games account in July of last year and was able to login to the forums as u/Gimli1357. However, in April of this year my forums account became u/Gimli13571 (there is an additional “1” at the end).
I am using the same login information as before and have tried logging in using my linked accounts as well, but they all link to this account. The original account still exists and can still be viewed at u/Gimli1357. You can see that the date of creation was July '21, while this account, u/Gimli13571, shows April '22. www.unrealengine.com and www.epicgames.com show my username as Gimli1357, but forums.unrealengine.com and dev.epicgames.com seem to have created a new account and unlinked the original as I cannot find anyway to login back into u/Gimli1357, and I cannot change my username to it because it is still taken.
I only noticed this change a couple weeks ago as it has just been automatically logging me into it. I have also noticed that the email listed on this new account shows “no-email.invalid” at the end of my account number.
The only other post I could find with a similar issue was this one. The user there said that their account was being replicated when they logged into different emails, but the solution given there does not work for me, as there is no other email address. I have even attempted using my other email address in case it was linked to anything, but it said no account existed for it.
I want to have my original forum account back and get rid of this one. Anyone ever experience this?