Fortnite keeps kicking me out of matches because of a network error.

Summary

Hi, I keep getting removed from Fortnite matches with this error message: “A problem has occurred. You have been removed from the match due to network latency, your IP address or your machine, because you are using a VPN or because you are cheating.”
I’m not using a VPN, proxy or cheats. My internet connection seems normal, but Fortnite keeps kicking me out of matches.
Has anyone experienced this problem before? Is there a fix for it?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Networking

Steps to Reproduce

  1. Launch Fortnite.
  2. Join any game.
  3. After approximately 20 seconds, I get removed from the match.
  4. The network error message appears.

Expected Result

I should be able to stay in the match and play normally without being removed.

Observed Result

After approximately 20 seconds, I am removed from the match and receive the error message saying that a problem occurred due to network latency, my IP address, my machine, VPN usage, or cheating. I am not using a VPN, proxy, or cheats.

Affects Versions

5.8

Platform(s)

Windows

Upload an image

For crash reports, include your callstack

Not applicable – this is not a crash.

Additional Notes

This issue started recently. I am not using a VPN, proxy, or any cheating software. My internet connection seems to be working normally. The game removes me from the match approximately 20 seconds after joining. I have already restarted my PC and router, but the issue persists.

You uploaded this to the Unreal Engine Bug Reports,


For UEFN/FNCreative issues you can try uploading it over here
https://forums.unrealengine.com/tags/c/general/issues-and-bug-reporting/172/fortnite/11425

I assume for this issue you’re experience you might be able to get more help from the player support, they might be able to help troubleshoot your issue.