Forest Collection Pack

I just noticed that we hardly see anything besides the tree roots and trunks. Can we please see some pictures of the forest, when looking up?

There goes my payday. Looks amazing, will get it next week :slight_smile:

Here rYxq, just for you :wink:

792f06856e37600520b302462efdaa5652684f11.jpeg

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Well, i bought this pack a couple of days ago, and what can i say…i’m totally baffled at how great looking these trees, veggies and rocks are! A stunning work of art! Very well done indeed!!
Even cryengine doesn’t have such beautiful trees, LOL!

Would love to see this as a winter themed pack, but i guess adjusting the textures here and there might do the trick also.

Btw, thanks for the email, Willi! :slight_smile:

Thanks ChrisV,

about winter… ok plants need to be adjusted but… what about this:

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

hello,

veruy good work !

it will be great if you can create the executable demo scene with framerate enable ?

another question : what is the size of the package ?

regards

That looks awesome, Willi! Exactly what i’d need! Hmm…of course my question would then be…will this be free :)?

Cheers,
Chris

Hey Chris,

that just something quick and dirty inside the MASTER materials.
This actually would need a little more work and some extra normal maps for the distant trees to work correctly.

I have to see how much time it will take us to add this properly.

Jago: the pack download is 2.2 GB

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Looks great already! Mind sharing how you did it? You didn’t modify the textures at all?

Cheers,
Chris

It might be not enough for a snowy scene, but if you weaken the effect it would probably perfectly fit for a frozen forest scene (frozen condensate and dew, but no snowfall)

I agree. Right now it’s not enough for a snowy scene, but looks like its too much for a ‘frozen forest scene.’ Nonetheless, it looks good for a WIP completed so quickly. Keep up the great work!!!

Update on the snow thing.

We decided to work on this and do a proper snow theme for this forest and the coming forest packs.
It will involves some extra texturing, model and shader work so we will offer this as an extension.

I’ll post screens again as soon as we get close to finishing it.

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Looking forward to that. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the message, Willi!

Cheers,
Chris

Some progress on the snow front:

5ea628dfe6cf86436710a046138e2db131eb87c7.jpeg

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Looking great, Willi! Nice improvement. :slight_smile:

Just bought the pack. Looking forward to see what I can get out of it :slight_smile:

The bark looks kinda weird. the snow is should either lump more or not be visible on the higher parts :S this way it feels frizzy

Thanks Frequia,

Have fun with the pack :slight_smile:

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Hey rYuxq,

nature does even more extreme stuff sometimes:

You can simple increase contrast in the material to sharpen up the gradient for the snow cover.

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Havent got any download link yet. How long will it take before I get it?