Forest Collection Pack

That doesn’t export LoDs.

blender + decimate mesh is quick

Huh, so the trees don’t come as full meshes?
That’s unfortunate.
Then I agree with the feedback that static meshes need to be included in some subfolder!

Hello everyone,

we’re currently setting up the trees additionally as static meshes with LODs for foliage painting.
I expect them to be done tomorrow.

We will send out an email to everyone who bought it via paypal when the update is available.

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Staticmesh Tree placed with foliage painting tool:

05423ba7b3b98229eaa37bf1549cf47e735fc979.jpeg

2758ad306a11c5d953f56619a339d212e7a3a0ee.jpeg

8b0e3ccf6f5678ce92c8189f5cc45c5719d0bb57.jpeg

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Just for fun, 2.000 trees on 1 qm km.

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Good work :slight_smile:

This is awesome! Thanks Willi! :slight_smile:

How much better does the “same” scene fare with the previous constellation of blueprints instead of static meshes? I mean, how is the fps if you place 2k blueprints with the same paramters? I especcially would like to see how much better your demo map will fare with this change. Will you update the information at the first post accordingly?

Done, all trees converted

1x1 km with 5.500 trees

16f67a54e4d2db01a63f8d81ceb6fb45269c068b.jpeg

b97ff7c3db8eb4013f6707794d1233d04bd5c3fa.jpeg

The example map will be updated tomorrow.

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Hi everyone,

the full update with new trees and updated example map was released to all eligible buyers.

We currently updating the full pack in our store and sending a new version to Epic.
I’ll drop another message when the updated pack version is available in our store.

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Btw, what is the poly count of your trees? You list the vertex count, but what about the polygons?

Morning,

pack files in our store are now updated as well.

rYuxq:

Actually that 12k vertices is polys, it’s the trunk (~12k polys for LOD0), the SM trees with branches and all the details have ~24k polys at LOD0.
LODs go down 50% each step. The large distance versions only have 100 polys.

Sorry for the confusion, will update the technical specifications accordingly.

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

“Polys” is not a useful game-engine metric. “Triangles” is what matters (because that turns into index buffer elements.)
Can we assume that each “poly” is usually a quad, and thus number of triangles is no more than 2x number of polys?

Hi jwatte,

no, it’s the triangle count, so the vertex counts from the technical specs represent the correct amounts.
We triangulate all our models before they are exported to make sure there are no weird flipped edges.

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Litte video of the automatic terrain material:

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Hi there!

Bought this very lovely tree pack last night. Great work!!

There were two downloads, named mawi_cf_v411.zip.001 and mawi_cf_v411.zip.002. I got rid of the extensions .001 and .002, and then tried to unzip them, but that doesn’t work. What must i do to get them unzipped, please :)?

Also, after payment, i received a PayPal receipt, but shouldn’t i also get a receipt (with download links, etc…) from you guys?

Thanks!

Use HJSplit.

I used 7-zip!

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I also have 7-zip, but couldn’t open the files while they were still in my ‘downloads’ folder. :smiley:
So, i dragged them onto my desktop and now it works! :slight_smile:

Cheers!