Forest Collection Pack

Oh I see!! I wish that picture was taked off your own assets :smiley:

Btw I really like your stuff, tell your team to keep it up!

Frequia > PM

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Hi Whammes,

Any release date approximation for the Forest Pack ?

More snowy updates:

6c9b2654f00abeed5d6c7ed7fe36e15781c42860.jpeg

this works with a simple global variable you just tick on, and all materials, lights, atmosphere and post effects change their settings accordingly.

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Looks sweet, Willi! I love it! :slight_smile:

So, it will be available soon :)?

No joke I am on my phone right now and I can’t tell the difference between the real snow picture and yours. This is phenomenal. When will it be available? Is it free?

We will release the winter theme together with the 2nd forest pack, as it will work with both packs and the upcoming redwood forest.
So anyone owning at leased one of the three packs will be able to get it for a few bugs. If you order at leased two of pack from our website you get it for free.

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

This pack is worth every penny and its truly the best outdoor environment I have bought so far. The developers is very responsive and put alot of work into this. I have one question. Is the assets photoscanned? On my laptop, Asus ROG G550JK it took almost 15/17min to load. I have 12GB ram, i7 @ 3.04ghz and a Nvidia GTX 850M, 2GB vram.

It runs pretty good to be on a laptop too :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

first of all thanks Frequia for the positive feedback, and yes most of the assets are fully or partially photoscanned.
Some based on photographs, but all with a lots of extra tweaking and detailing work in 3ds max and photoshop to make them game ready assets.

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

So the winter theme extension is completed.

We just need to do some fixing and tweaking on the new materials and test it with the forest pack 2.
I made a little video so you can see the winter extension in action, enjoy:

You can dynamically control every aspect of the snow, height, coverage, contrast as well as let stuff get covered with ice.

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

This is marvelicious :smiley: when you say it is possible to control the coverage, do you only mean the amount of coverage or also the surfaces that are covered?
And also, when you say that stuff can be covered, do you mean the assets which you ship with or is it possible to cover custom stuff as well without having to create extra materials and textures?

want want want want :slight_smile:

This is outstanding, Willi! Woooooow! :eek:

You can actually see the snow amount growing on top of the terrain and trees. Marvelous! :slight_smile:

After watching the vid for a couple of times, i assume it is perfectly possible to change the snow and ice settings during runtime, right?

Cheers,
Chris

Hey,

thanks guys!

rYuxq:
In general it covers everything in snow, but you could setup a materials instance that simply switches the snow function off to have them not covered at all.
At the moment the snow stuff only works with the forest materials, but you could easily create your own by copy and pasting the snow function into the material of other assets.

ChrisV:
Yes you can smoothly animate all the effects at runtime, just need to call them from the level- or another blueprint.
So you could have particle snow and slowly build up the snow cover.

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

That’s awesome, Willi! Great work as usual! Keep it up! :slight_smile:

Really beautiful …
I bought at day one Forest pack and will buy immediately also Forest pak 2

Very Awesome pack !
I can’t wait to test the winter extension.

just a word about performanceL. i have a gtx760 and my framerate turn around 35 FPS in the scene.

Very good work !

Check out the latest screenshots from Forest Pack 2

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?101504-Forest-Tree-Collection/page3

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

More screenshots:

cheers

Willi Hammes

Managing Director
MAWI United GmbH

Looks really great. Thanks for this pack :slight_smile: Can you try to work some more on the leaves? Some of them loos abit flat on the pinetrees.