FloatingPawnMovement - Won't constrain to XY-Plane

Hi there!

I’ve got a pawn moving around with the “FloatingPawnMovement”-component.

I’m assigning a vector3 value for it to move to, which is fine.
I am however having issues with it not sticking to the ground when moving.
The new Vector3 value does not add anything to the Z-axis, which is what makes it weird.

Furthermore, ticking off gravity on the Skeletal Mesh actor (that I’m moving) does not seem to do anything, nor do the constraints seem to have any effect?

Is the FloatingPawnMovement the completely wrong way to go about when wanting to move a SkeletalMesh along the ground?

My current implementation is supposed to have the SK move along a simple, straight floor piece.
Ultimatelty I want to have it follow the ground on a terrain layer using the NavMesh, but I don’t see that happening if the SK is going to fly off like it is doing at the moment.

… “going to fly off” … yes - it is a “floating pawn”, so it is intendend to NOT stay on the ground. I guess you should start with a character (and character movement component) as your base which has a capsule and is impacted by gravity, so it collides on the ground like what you’re looking for.

Maybe have a look at the topDown templates (if I remember correctly) it has a point-click-move style controll which should give you a good starting point also for moving in terrain.

Just did that and it solved the issue.