flickering screen unreal

greetings, I’m desperately in need of a solution for a problem I’m facing with unreal engine, my screen starts flickering black, I’ve dedicated my GTX 1070 to unreal in the Nvidia control panel, But nothing works, I’ve turned off anti-aliasing, nothing works! I have a tone load of work on unreal but I’m stuck now with this!it might be the Nvidia experience drivers are not compatible with my unreal version? I don’t know tbh!in addition, unreal sometimes crashes with a note that kernel32 issue and core !dk what that supposed to mean! (NB: My GPU works smoothly on all of my demanding power platforms but not with Unreal )

All the usual things I’m afraid:

1. Update your card drivers

2. Update unreal

3. Verify unreal ( can be done from the launcher )

4. Start a new empty project with default settings

5. Yada yada etc…

Do you run something exotic in the background? Wallpaper engine? Custom overlay? Custom Windows shell? Riva Tuner? Rainmeter? Custom / beta / old drivers?

Perhaps it’s the overclock on the GPU? It’s not uncommon to see an aggressively overclocked GPU misbehave in certain apps.

I have a tone load of work on unreal
but I’m stuck now with this!

Does this mean the issue developed recently? Any changes to the hardware configuration? Any major software updates?

I’m running:

• XTU to manage my thermals.
  • rainmeter.
    I’m actually updating my drivers and UE.
    UE used to work flawlessly before, don’t know what really happened!

it’s weird how you guys know everything I have ! creepy :stuck_out_tongue:

anyway thank you guys for your answers!

Hi, I am facing same issue, have you found solution?
Thanks

The issue only occurs when there’s another app (for example a browser) open? And it stops when you minimize UE4? Then I’m having the same issue… Very annoying.

1 Like

I had to turn off G-SYNC in the NVIDIA system settings, now no black screen flickering any more.

3 Likes

Wow, thank you! I never would have figured that out if you hadn’t posted this. Weird that G-SYNC causes the issue even when only enabled for fullscreen (I’m running the editor in a window).

THANK YOU SO MUCH - I THOUGHT THERE WAS NO HOPE FOR ME BUT YOU WERE MY SHINING LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!!

yeah same thing. starting to work in minimized screen because it is pain in eyes

such a real one for that G-Sync setting insight! made an account just to let you know years later that is still relevant!!!