flickering in wall

Hi guys, how it’s going? I have problem with flickering in wall when use Movie render queue, any guy know about how fix this problem? Thanks!!

By the looks of it, it looks like Lumen.
Try to create/go into your PostProccessVolumen and under Global Illumination->Lumen->Final Gather Quality (crank it up, since you are rendering offline you can go high to something like 4).

Thanks Renderu, my final gather quality is 5!

Wait, did you change to five, is it working now?

This video is Final gather quality is 5! rsrs

Okay.

Are you by chance using Lumen with Hardware ray tracing? (Project Settings->Rendering)
Also, make sure you are on a supported GPU, that can do hardware raytracing. What GPU do you have?

My gpu is RTX 3060, The hardware Raytracing is Active!

Show me your PostProccessVolume settings.
Also make sure you are inside of the PostProccessVolume or has it set to infinite extent (ticked)!

Yeah, inside in the box and Infinite extent ticked!

Yeah, I would like to see a picture of all the Lumen’s global illumination settings + advanced (from the PostProccessVolume).

Check this image Renderu, Thank you for patience to help-me!

Since you are doing this in offline rendering and not realtime rendering where you need frames you can crank up everything.

Test to set “Lumen Scene Detail” to a higher value.
But this please go into View Mode (Lit)->Lumen->Overview and send a screenshot.

Is everything in this scene modular, like this is not a big static mesh right?

Hi. Maybe you can answer my question. After we publish our map, are we given a prompt to name our map and upload a thumbnail/cover?

I put Lumen Scene Detail in 8 and don`t fix it!

it`s a mistery!!! kkkkkk

Hey there @wams-97! Looks like the other’s asked most of what I would have asked, but I do believe it would be a good idea for us to see if the lumen scene has any artifacting, though this flickering is somewhat average for Lumen + virtual shadow mapping. I think it might even be the VSM resolution updating. You could also glance at that overview to see if that area is a specific shadow map cache that may be swapping.

@Renderu and @SupportiveEntity Thanks Guys, i`m testing and when desactive the anti aliasing this flickering dissapear but my shadows have a lot noise, but i tryed this commands in console r.Shadow.Virtual.SMRT.SamplesPerRayLocal and r.Shadow.Virtual.SMRT.SamplesPerRayDirectional in 120 and the noise reamains,
anti aliasing with flickering is 1x64

Did your have suggestion any solutions? thank you for patiences!

I’ve actually struggled to reign in the noise on VSMs + lumen together, so if raising the resolutions and increasing the Samples rate like you had didn’t help, I’m not too sure if there’s too much cleaning them up. Do all AA sampling types cause the flickering or just TSAA?

With all AA, When i change this values the flickering happen!

1 Like

Have you found the solution? Have the same problem

Look if as said in this thread:

r.Lumen.ScreenProbeGather.ScreenTraces.HZBTraversal.RelativeDepthThickness 0.001 as cvar works, that works for me