FIXED! Gpu crash/d3d device removed error

Hi everyone, just wanted to share a solution for D3D Device Removed Error that worked for me after I tried every other solution available on forums. The error was so random that it seemed there is no specific reason for it present in my project. Sometimes it occured right after opening the engine and sometimes after a full day of work when I thought it was allready gone.

The crash seems to be fixed forever after I underclocked my RTX 3090 in Afterburner way down to 1600Mhz. Now I can load the viewport with massive scenes with DirectX12+Lumen+Nanite+Hardware Raytracing+Translucency+PathTracing and everthing is fine! Btw I’m on 5.3.2 version. Just don’t forget to run Afterburner before opening the project, if i’m not doing it engine still crashes.

Probably you should experiment with MHz if you have different GPU.

I tried undervolting following the youtube tutorials. The ones I watched were underclocking by 50-150Mhz and that didn’t solve the error in my case so one day I randomly tried to move it way down from 1900Mhz to 1600Mhz and magicly it solved the error. I tried TdrDelay, changing engine .dlls, reinstalling multiple nvidia drivers versions, switching to DirectX 11, changing different Project setting and nothing helped except this.

Can’t tell you how happy I am, I have this deadline project going on and I spent a week trying to fix it and no other solution helped.

Good luck, hope it helps you!