[FIX] How to create subdirectories in Source folder for C++ files without errors in UE5

Hi everyone! I am kinda new to Unreal, I been really struggling with the creation of subfolders inside the “Source” folder of Unreal C++ classes. So the main problem is this: I want to create new C++ class inside a subfolder of the “Source” folder. What happens is that both the folder and the class can be seen from the IDE but not from the content browser. The “fix” is quite simple and seems almost stupid, but instead of typing the new folder you want to be created in the path input, you have to click in the folder icon and create it in the explorer window that opens. I do not really know why, but if you do it that way the folder is immediately visible in the content browser, other way is just not visible unless you regenerate the project files.

This simple problem was very frustating for me because I kept finding lots of entries in forums of people having the same kind of errors and the only solutions were “delete these folders and regenerate the project files”, which although it works, it doesn’t really seem like the right way to do something as simple as creating a C++ inside a new subfolder.

Anyway hope this helps anyone! :slight_smile:

1 Like