First Project - Any Roller Coaster enthusiasts? [Ridable Coaster!]

For my first UEFN project, I built a working Roller Coaster! Ever since I created my Theme Park in Creative, I’ve been dreaming about this!

The modelling of this coaster was fully done in Blender, both the track and the cars.

After animating the coaster, I then used Adobe Substance 3D Painter to texture both the track and the cars.

And finally, after some simple Sound Design, I imported everything into UEFN and created the surrounding environments.

Super excited to create more rides!

23 Likes

Amazing Rynex!

1 Like

Tysm!

Enjoyed watching u put this togetherrrrr

1 Like

Super cool Rynex!

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

This is brilliant! Thanks for putting your process in the post as well. When it started I was thinking that this is cool, I hope you can ride it… YOU CAN RIDE IT! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much! Of course you can ride it! It would be horrible to make a coaster you can’t ride!

1 Like

This is incredible Rynex!

1 Like

Thank you Jag!!

Raises hand. Nice ride, even better dev journal that helps to inspire more creation.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

This is awesome Rynex!

1 Like

Tysm Flak!

This is so cool, and kinda calming, esp because of the nighttime setting. Obvi the coaster, animations, and camera are great, but the sound design was a star for me too. What was your process for creating the audio?

1 Like

Thank you! Sound design is so overlooked in Fortnite, it’s one of my priorities in UEFN for sure. It was actually quite simple, I believe I used 2 different wind sounds overlapped on top of each other and then animated the volume depending on the speed of the coaster, for the start and end “gas pressure” sound effect I got some sounds online and cut them up.
I also recorded some “metal hits” sound effects for the start and end of the ride to simulate the chain sounds.

Glad you liked it!

Yesss I love game sounds! Audio makes such a huge difference in the player experience, but sometimes creators (including me) treat sound design like an afterthought, even in Core where we had access to more audio tools than in classic Creative. I feel like sound helps me connect better with a game emotionally. Like, your coaster sounds gave me an emotional feeling of freedom and also calm, because there was quiet steady whooshing like a whisper.

I THOUGHT the wind sounds were modulating to match the speed of the coaster, that’s really neat! You did that in the sequencer, or in an audio program? What audio sources / editing tools are you using? I’m grabbing short little accent sounds from FreeSFX.com and plugging them into the sequencer, like a rooster crow for my day/night cycle. I want to get fancer though. :ear: :ear: :ear:

1 Like

Of course sounds are soooo important!!
And I did that externally, using Davinci Resolve, really nice free video editing program, I found that it even has a free audio library you can get with around 500 High Quality Foley sound effects, honestly amazing. Then of course some are from YouTube since this was only a test and not something to be released publicly!

1 Like

Ohhhh I didn’t think of using DaVinci Resolve! I’m already familiar with Resolve because I’ve edited videos in it. Pretty sure I explored those foley sounds at one point too but I didn’t think about using them for games! Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Yeah! You’re welcome! Can’t wait to see what you make!

1 Like