FindPathSync(Navigation) not working

I made “Move Actor to Location and Wait” with reference to “Simple Move to Location” yesterday, and it worked fine at first. I then reference World Partitioned Navigation Mesh and modify the “Agent Radius” then rebuild the paths, after which it doesn’t work anymore, but the navigation grid looks perfectly fine. I traced the source code and found that FindPathSync consistently returned Error. Later I tested “Simple Move to Location” and “AI Move To” and they didn’t work either.
I wonder if there is something wrong with my world Settings and project Settings, it seems that “RecastNavMesh-Default” is not used by the world, can anyone help? Thank you very much

Additional Notes:
Digging deeper into the source code, the queryPolygons function of DetourNavMeshQuery.cpp outputs the polyCount of 0. polys has a size of 128, and after 1444 lines, minx==maxx, miny == maxy

When I added an entry to “Project Settings” - “Navigation System” - “Agents” - “Supported Agents”, Then copy the Name to “World Settings” - “Default Agent Name”, save level and reopen the editor again. It finally worked.

Update:
After several attempts, if the level is world partitioned, Within the editor type “n.b NavmeshAllowPartitionedBuildingFromEditor 1” and rebuild Paths, and then don’t check “IsWorldParttionedNavMesh” of RecastNavMesh , or navigation will not work, You just need to reopen the editor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.