Find Next Marked Frame node is not working. Is it a known bug?

This one

It’s expected to return the frame number of the next/previous frame marker found, but it always returns 0 or 1 depending on the “forward” condition.

Seems like a bug. (UE 5.1)

Anyone has made it work?

This finds the next marked frame from the In Frame Number Value that you give it. Have you tried giving it something other than 0?

1 Like

Of course. I’m giving frame number values in the middle of a sequence plenty of markers Actually, i’m feeding the InFrameNumber value with a Sequence player->GetCurrent Time.

Does it work for you?

Edit: I’ve made some captures. I may be doing something wrong (usually)

This function (with a coouple of PrintString nodes to confirm I’m injecting valid values, and what the node returns).

Returns this

In this sequence

(No big deal, there’s an easy workaround: I’ve added a “Current marker” variable track to the sequence and manually set each point (seen in the image). With that variable and the “Get Marked Frames” node I’ve coded my own “Find Next” and “Find previous” functions.)

For anyone still running into this like me.

Functions like FindNextMarkedFrame, FindMarkedFrameByLabel and FindMarkedFrameByFrameNumber return the index of the marked frame.

Get the full array using GetMarkedFrames and use the index to get the marked frame object.
(Don’t forget to check for -1, which I didn’t do in this image)

Now you just have to figure out the frame number values.
The values from MarkedFrame -> Frame Number seem to be multiplied by tickrate and are much higher than sequence frame values.
If you use FindNextMarkedFrame you won’t get the expected output until you use CurrentFrame * multiplier as the input.

Based on Find Marked Frame by Frame Number doesn't seem to work properly - #4 by Moeren588, this multiplier is (1/fps)*tickrate.
For my project at 50fps, this resulted in 480.

An example of how you could calculate this multiplier in a blueprint:

(This return 0 in Constructionscript, and correct in BeginPlay)

BlueprintUE link for copying nodes:

(using Unreal 5.2.1)

1 Like