Filter Unreal Asset Library Vault by Engine Version

I seem to go through this after every new engine version comes out. After a new version release, we have to wait for asset creators to update their assets to the new version. But currently there seems to be no way to filter our UE asset library vault based on what version they’re compatible with. I know you can do this with the UE Marketplace, but not with the UE Library Vault. Even being able to use the search bar to filter it by typing the engine version would be awesome, but I tried that and it doesn’t work either.

Can we please make this a feature? It would be very useful for those of us with 100+ assets. It makes no sense to have to hover over each one to see what version it’s compatible with when there can just be a version filter.

Absolutely a required feature.

3 Likes

Would love this too. At this point it’s moot though because they’ve moved on to UE5, so even if they did implement this feature it would only work for UE5+

You need to filter by engine version, but what you’d also need:

• A filter “Show plugins used with project X”;
  • Count number of products shown in vault after filtering.

Then you can just compare the count number of both filters of the current project version to the new version. if the count is equal, all your plugins are ready to migrate.
This doesn’t count dependencies not from the marketplace, like NVIDIA DLSS.

Even so, if you had those 3 features you would still need to click them one by one to add them to your project / engine to migrate them. Sigh.

Skip all that, what we really need is that when we change the project version through the .uproject file that we get another option to test for available dependencies. If it doesn’t find the required dependency versions it should NOT change the project version. if it DOES find the dependencies it should auto update them. Like any normal package manager would…
afbeelding
No one has time to screw around with an amateurish game launcher to manage their packages lol.

1 Like

You just awoke something within me lol. I had just accepted the marketplace/plugins for the way that they are, but dang…

This should really be no more difficult than implementing a robust package manager…

1 Like

Leaving this here as this was a godsend when I needed to install plugins that weren’t available for the exact engine version I was using:

Needs your credentials to see what you own obviously… so, be careful who you trust. I can’t guarantee the safety of using it and I didn’t validate that the login page it presents is 100% legitimate… But the tool works. Maybe set up 2FA first at least?

(edit) this command allows you to go through your native browser instead
legendary auth --disable-webview

relevant commands for getting plugins:

legendary list --include-ue -T

find the line for your desired plugin, then use the “App Name” field

legendary install <App name>

(remove the <>, of course)

For filtering you can do this in powershell:
legendary list --include-ue -T | Select-String "Version: 5.1"

2 Likes

Legit or not 4.4k stars tells me a lot

2 Likes

Why is filtering STILL not a thing?

1 Like

No idea. Apparently I can do in a day what doesn’t happen in 5 years here. To me this radiates amateurish or self destructive behavior.

The “I don’t care what the world around me does this works so I don’t improve it” attitude.