[Ai Filter Request] Urgent Update for Filters

I’d vote on this if the topic was on a voting category.
Thing is, EPIC is never going to write in their terms and conditions that what they serve is what the seller claims it to be. Safe / quality / AI or not etc. It’s a system where we are constantly fooled with copied, stolen, low quality and unsafe content which may or not be AI. The trust level is steadily decreasing the way the system works right now. You can have just anyone pick any program from Github to generate content to sell (which happens all the time) and you would not be able to detect it. They claim anything, even designers I hired previously. If they put a search filter on the marketplace you can only guess it’s probably not what it says it’s going to be.

For the latter, hiding imagery that is not for kids, or just not your preference (adult / body parts / blood / religious etc) that would be totally doable by the marketplace itself. An AI can automatically classify what it sees on an image and decide regardless of what the seller claims to be on the image. That is a true filter. EPIC could send marketplace requests through a server hosting such AI and serve the marketplace entries you need to match your local filter preferences.

To push this even further, I would suggest EPIC to take a look at what can be done with AI to push back piracy (even just a little) by doing similarity scans on marketplace assets. Look at Google Lens, where you can upload a design and check if anything similar is on the web. Remove the weeds, claim damages. Let your program write a report for potential sellers which reports a seller trust level and about similar assets it found on the web and where. Just look alife EPIC ffs, the world is spinning and half your software lags 10 years behind the experimental toys.

Hope EPIC wakes up and puts experienced developers on the job for the marketplace, the launcher (where we see our products), who actually look at the forums and listen.
There’s little point in buying anything if the marketplace gets such filters but the Vault does not, so we end up managing hundreds of little plugins by hand on a butchered package manager.

They haven’t listened so far but I wish you good luck.

So many requests so little effort

Library [Vault] Sorting & Filter Options

3 Likes