File:C:/BuildAgent/work/Squad/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Util.cpp

Hello!

I got this issue a few days ago where whenever i start a game that is using the Unreal Engine (in this case SQUAD) i get to the menu and after a few seconds i get the error shown above, and the only work-around i have found to fix this is by as soon as i get into the menu jump into a training map (sort of a single-player map) and then after the map is loaded up i can start to browse servers again and join without issues. This same thing is aplied to Conan Exiles where i first have to start a single player map and then join a server.

I have reset my PC and checked if my DirectX is upp to date, downgraded the directX to an older version and then reinstall the new version, made a SFC/scannow and re-update my windows to no awail.

I have those games on steam but also Sea of Thieves on the microsoft store, this gives me an almost same error (video driver crashed and was reset) and because there is no single-player option for SoT i cant do the work-around.

ALSO checking the unreal folder i have 2 diffrent folders (one with UE 4.23 and one with UE 4.23) these are both empty.

Anyone having the same issue and what could be the cause of the issue? I dont remeber updating anything before this happend.

1 Like

plus 1, same problem, Hell let loose,post scriptum i7 4790+gtx780 started three days ago, before that everything was fine, played about 100 hours in each game

1 Like

+1 same problem,faced this error in Hell Let Loose and Post Scriptum, before that everything was fine and in both games more than 100 hours were played

1 Like