FEvaluateActorReferenceChannels don't run on GameThread

So when we play our sequence we have this ensure :

[Image Removed]

With this callstack :

[Image Removed]

The task is a FEvaluateActorReferenceChannels, looking at the code it seems that this task is not locked on GameThread here is the creation :

[Image Removed]

And the result :

[Image Removed]

The sequence was working fine in 5.7 and if I skip the ensure the sequence seems to play fine.

We tried with and without the sequencer’s custom scheduler.

[Attachment Removed]

Steps to Reproduce
I’m just playing one of our Sequences with Bindings for Characters.

[Attachment Removed]

Hey there,

Apologies for the delay; Epic has been on summer break. You should be ok to add

.SetDesiredThread(ENamedThreads::GameThread)to the FEntityTaskBuilder() of UActorReferenceChannelEvaluatorSystem::OnRun. Try that and let us know if you have other issues.

Dustin

[Attachment Removed]

Hello,

Sorry for the long delay too, I also was on summer break :slight_smile:

Well this is the fix I was planning and yes it works, I tested it with 5.8.1 and the ensure is gone with the fix. But this only work for the non-custom scheduler, you should also fix this for the custom scheduler.

Are you planning to create a bug ? I didn’t see the fix on the main branch.

[Attachment Removed]

Thanks for testing that; it is a hard repro, so knowing that it is working for you helps us. We have not fixed yet, but have logged an issue here: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-390076 that you can follow. And that will include any fixes for the custom scheduler.

Dustin

[Attachment Removed]