Feedback on the new docs site

Please fix the text on the Include, every time I copy it, it comes with spaces and line breaks together.

For example when I paste it:

It comes like this: \t\t\n\n#include "WheelSystem.h" with two tabs and two linebreaks before. It’s quite annoying.

On Using UV Channels With Static Meshes in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine Documentation

The documentation is copy-pasta from 4.27. There is no Polygon Editing Plugin in 5.0, replaced by the modeling tool afaik, as well as the menu and screenshots do not apply anymore as well.

Creating UV Mappings needs a modeling update though the whole page, while well-written, needs new UI/UX info

1 Like

Just a small thing: this page

still says “Unreal Engine 4” in at least 3 places where it should probably say “Unreal Engine 5”.

Also, one small suggestion:
It would be really nice to have a “Report Documentation Issue” link at the bottom of each page of the docs. That would get you more consistent feedback, and would automatically tell you the associated page. I would love it, because while I want to contribute to better docs, I would prefer to spend less time searching the forums to see whether someone else has already reported the issue, less time formatting a proper submission, and more time developing great apps.

1 Like

3 videos are private, starting at step 1. of Using the Bump Offset Material Expression for 4.27 docs. Cheers!

P.S. I noticed the feedback button in the bottom right corner is now gone, is this still the appropriate place to report errors for the docs?

Please make the scroll bar wider like double size. it’s been extremely annoying to scroll up and down with this. (Firefox doesn’t have this problem)
Moving my mouse over the scroll bar make the cursor “resize window mode” because it’s very difficult to aim the scroll bar that narrow! I have to slowly move the mouse but it slows my web browsing speed.

2 Likes

Hi, the “Level Blueprint” documentation page for UE5 still displays screenshots from UE4, which are invalid for the new interface. Please replace these and/or mark the page as pending migration.

1 Like

I don’t think Epic realise just how much this kind of lazy practice leads to major misinformation for beginner devs looking through documents for answers to their questions on how to do things in UE5 never mind the misinformation from idiots who read this documentation and then put up incorrect tutorials because of this kind of lazy practice.

C’mon Epic… surely you have the resources available to hire as many technical writers as you need to get all the documentation sorted out before you release any updates or new releases of the Unreal Engine, yes? So let’s step to it, eh! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :wink: :smile:

Hi there, this is an old post but perhaps somebody still need the tips.

You need the epic launcher in order to download any asset from the marketplace and there is no versión for linux but fear not, you have some alternatives.

1- Epic launcher via lutris: is a bit slow and can experiment some lag or irresponsiveness from time to time but still is a very solid option.
2- Epic Asset Manager: is a linux app, you can download it in many formats, including flatpak and direct download from github, still has some bugs but is more responsive and fast than Epic Launcher on Lutris.

I use both but in general my first option is Epic Asset Manager.

I hope this is still helpful.

Best Regards