Feedback on the new docs site

Hello! just reporting some broken links to your png files. (near the bottom of the doc)

The introduction is missing

The description of most the functions of **FCompression **is outdated or from deprecated functions.
https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/API/Runtime/Core/Misc/FCompression/index.html

There is a typo on this page: Placing Material Expressions and Functions in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation

[]
what do when you get errors in the material statistics window and more
[/]
should be
[]
what **to **do when you get errors in the material statistics window and more
[/]

I know it has been brought up a few times, but I think it would be great to make the source of the documentation available on github, so the community can fix errors like this and submit PRs. It is much more streamlined than coming to a forum, and writing a comment about it…

I’ve got two more for you
https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/…tor/index.html

1. The page also contains this sentence twice.

[]
As an example, consider the example below, in which we have a panning texture of an awesome rocket hull being multiplied by a vector parameter, which is supplying color.
[/]

1. The video below the
    []
    Double-click on a connection wire to insert a new Reroute node inline.
    [/]
    section does not work.

Every time there is a clickable image (E.g: Vertex Color Materials | Unreal Engine Documentation) when you click on it, then close it, you cannot scroll the page anymore. It also throws this error 62 times:

tracking.js:6 Uncaught TypeError: Invalid attempt to iterate non-iterable instance.
In order to be iterable, non-array objects must have a [Symbol.iterator]() method.
  at u (tracking.js:6)
  at Object.__blockIframes (tracking.js:6)
  at MutationObserver.observe.childList (tracking.js:6)

Tested in Chrome 88.0.4324.96 and Edge 87.0.664.75.

UMG Designer Quickstart docs appear to be out of date. UI does not match 4.26. Difficult to proceed. Looks like docs are 4.23 and Blueprint editor has changed significantly. Any ref to new UI?

The title on page Setting Up Your Production Pipeline in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation
should probably read

[]
Documentation for the Vivox Plugin, which enables **developers **to integrate voice and text communication into their games.
[/]

On the bottom of this page: Normal Calculation Methods with the Proxy Geometry Tool in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation
under
[]
The following image slider shows the results that each of the three Normal Calculation Methods can achieve. First you will see Angle Weighted then Area Weighted and finally Equal Weighted.
[/]

there is no image slider.

Epic games, please could you add bit more documents on this page: Mobile Patch Utility Nodes | Unreal Engine Documentation

How to use generate files.
How to patch using DLC. please!

Hi Epic Games, I was loking at some images on the docs.unrealengine.com website and when I come out of image fullscreen I cannot seem to scroll up and down on the page. I dont know if anybody else is getting this issue but the only way to get out of ir is to refresh the page.

Thanks, RBL Dripz

The documentation is misleading or outdated. In the last code example it states that “// Unreal Header Tool (UHT) will create GetMySparseClassData automatically.” which UHT doesn’t actually do. The documentation also doesn’t specify whether classes with SparseData actually create the sparse data at runtime, which is what I assumed when I read the documentation. I ended up having to use “GetClass()->GetOrCreateSparseClassData()” which does exactly what I thought the UHT “GetMySparseClassData” would do. Some clarification is needed.

Hey guys, the code formatting seems whack on these macros: Multi-cast Delegates | Unreal Engine Documentation

Exporting a cubemap with NVIDIA’s Photoshop tool has changed quite a bit, might be worth updating this article, the interface is much different now. Textures in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

Hi,

I don’t know any other right place where I have to note and I’m newcomer in Unreal engine and If I’m wrong just ignore my post. :slight_smile:

It seems like, on the documentation Player-Controlled Cameras | Unreal Engine Documentation in the First step code isn’t working. We need to add the next lines code:

#include "Camera/CameraComponent.h"
#include "GameFramework/SpringArmComponent.h"

It should look like below:

#pragma once

#include "CoreMinimal.h"
#include "GameFramework/Pawn.h"
#include "Camera/CameraComponent.h"
#include "GameFramework/SpringArmComponent.h"
#include "PawnWithCamera.generated.h"

UCLASS()
class FPSPROJECT_API APawnWithCamera : public APawn
{

Please, fix the documentation.

Thank you.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Basics/UI/LevelEditor/Viewports/ViewModes/index.html
This link only takes you to an table of contents page and has nothing to do with ViewModes as described. I’ve also had this happen with other links of this type. Getting answers from the unreal site is very difficult.

The image is no longer displayed. Instead I see this text boxed in red:

An example hardware layout with three render nodes(h:600)](incameravfxdiagram.jpg)

Thank you

[=“FunAndFriendly, post:652, topic:126746”]

Hey guys, the code formatting seems whack on these macros: Multicast Delegates in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation
[/]

Hey Echo_Four, I could have been more specific. The code samples appear to have been HTML encoded. This is a declaration that compiles:

DECLARE_DYNAMIC_MULTICAST_DELEGATE_OneParam(FDramaWithFriends_OnEventConfig, const FDramaEventConfig&, NewEventConfig);

Howdy - just noting a broken/missing video link, step 11 from this page - https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/…Sub/index.html

and again same error at step 14

Cheers!

Hi there, you might want to double-check this, but I think the module name is incorrect on this page:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/…ule/index.html

It is not HttpServer. It is HTTPServer, like the folder in the include file. HttpServer would compile for me but not package. HTTPServer packaged.

If you look in the file HttpServer.Build.cs, you’ll see the module declared: public class HTTPServer : ModuleRules. It’s a mixed case aerial turkey-romp, but the packager needs the class name.