EDIT: We will be sending a $20 Amazon gift card to the top two most helpful responses. Details contained at the end of the form.
We are developing a UE4 plugin that will allow developers to input training data to create a machine learning model which can predict a full body skeleton based on motion controller and head inputs. The plugin will use motion capture data from an Xbox Kinect to train human body movement models. To animate a character, the general workflow for developers would look something like the following:
- Identify type of animation to create
- Activate plugin with UE4 to collect live motion capture data + VR hardware output
- Perform the movement in front of motion capture sensors while wearing VR controllers in order to train a model
- Map motion capture skeleton joints to character rig joints
- Input VR controller data to model produced in part (3) to produce an animation
Our plugin aims to make realistic character animation in VR accessible to a wider range of developers. We would like feedback to accurately gauge the needs of the VR developer community. If this plugin seems useful to you (or not!), please fill out our survey below to provide suggestions and feedback.