[FEEDBACK] Advanced Target System

Nice to see progress on this!
Because of school I haven’t had any time to work with this during this month :frowning:

Oh yea, well I’m still working away! Hopefully I’ll have some good progress for you when you’re back.

update 4.9 Contd.

thankyou.png

to everyone who has made a purchase – thank you! I appreciate everyone who has made a purchase and would like them to comment on their experience with the product. How has it worked for you? What hasn’t it worked for you? Your feedback is crucial to release improved updates, and creating a better tool for everyone else who purchases this tool.

Details:
> So I’ve finished the update for 4.9. I noticed strange behavior with the UMG widget. When they were clipped from the view of the camera, the UMG widget stopped ticking but still existed. This cause issue because I didn’t know if the user could see an actors title. I fixed this by watching the Event Destruct, and creating another operation which marks UMG widgets not ticking to be destroyed by the Target Owner (Player Controller).

> Implemented suggestions by SinineSiil (Thank you very much!)
> Fixed an issue which was causing the text to flicker.
> The system which manages which Widgets are in what state, owned by who, has been redeveloped. Previously I had redundant checks, so I broke more of the operations down to rudimentary task. This allowed me to remove the checks from every function, and moved it where it matter most – when it goes to added. This also helped with some of the text flicker issue, as what originally would happen is that a title that would exist. Would be removed, then re-added quickly. What happens now, is if the component needed to complete the operation already exist. Such as the title of the actor. Then it would skip this operation.

What I’m doing now:
I’m cleaning up the code, getting it ready for update. Working on video documentation of the individual components. I’ll be creating a playlist which will contain video how to’s or how any particular components works internally.

#Update 4.9 Contd. - Done!

Surprise Feature!

Off-Screen Indicators

What now…
Its performing better than before! I’m going to do a last check-up, and send it off to Epic today. I’ll edit this post once I’ve sent it. Thanks for the feedback and patients everyone!

Edit:
Update sent to Epic!

That’s really cool and useful in some projects! Thanks for developing this further.
I wish I still had time to tinker with UE4 :frowning:

Dear
Thanks for your useful component.
you announce the update for 4.9 more than one month before and finally today it show up in marketplace. the current engine version is 4.10 and your update is not working with it.
you also don’t answer massages and emails i sent to you.
Hey man you are a master and we here as your customers want some support (answer questions, a documentation or tutorial for it may be)
for example how this component store selected actor/pawn, to been able us shoot or interact with that?
after all thanks for all your efforts.
Keep up your good works.

Hi Hamid,

Completely understandable. I noticed that myself, but I gave epic that update around the time 4.9 was released. It just unfortunate it took that long for it to appear on Unreal Engine Marketplace, and I have no control over that. I apologize about that, and will be in contact with them to figure out if we can have a faster turn around for updates.

Also, I will be working on documentation soon. I’ll be creating video documentation.

Thanks,

Bought this earlier today, but cant get it working in my project for the life of me. Did you ever get around to Part 2 of the documentation? Maybe it’s me but I’m lost

Hey !

Just purchased and really happy with everything! I was going to ask if there is anyway to have the camera focus on a point between the player and target. I’m looking to achieve a Zelda Z-targeting effect that allows for being targeted on an enemy and still having a clear line of sight to the target. I figured finding some kind of off set value based on the position of the target and player would be the way to achieve this but was just wondering if there is any functionality for this effect already built in.

Thanks!

I haven’t that is my fault. I’m in that process now, outlining every step.

There is a way to do this actually. You may have to find a sweet spot, but if you look for the function LookAtSelectedTarget. You open it, and search for FindLookAtRotation in the Blue. Basically the delta applied to the Camera Rotation. Then if you change the Target of this function to the center of your selected enemies, including yourself. You can have the character camera focus on the position between all actors involved.

Let me know if that helps!

Hey , downloaded the update today and now it won’t open, it keeps crashing. 4.9.2. Any thoughts?

OK it opens in 4.8, but not 4.9 FYI

Hi MaroonersRockAnimation,

I just updated plugin. It seems something corrupted the previous 4.9 version. 4.9 worked previously with no issue, as you’re the first to complain about it crashing. I’m going to have to contact Unreal about this unfortunately and the holidays won’t make it a quick fix. If you want to download 4.10, that works fine.

Thanks,

Its all good, thanks for the reply. Happy Holidays!

I’ve just finished the new video documentation.

Happy Holidays to you as well!

[video][/video]

Great stuff here!!!

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Oh Hi , I’ve learned a lot from your youtube channel thanks for all the hard work.

This looks really cool, and should be pretty darn useful for a lot of scenarios!

How can I get the target variable. I have other systems that I need to reference the target, but I don’t see that anywhere.

Thanks Hyperloop! I appreciate the feedback :smiley: Let me know how it works for you!

In this video I walk through each step taking the bare components and integrating them into your project. I skipped to the part where I retrieve targets from the current Pawn, then reference them somewhere else. So you can see how to get the target variable.

If anyone needs support or has any questions about my system. Feel free to post here!

Will be posting an update soon.

Hi ,

i purchase yout target System and put it to my Projekt.
i got the Problem with the 0.0 Coordinates for the Offscreen Markers(its a Space Game)

But i modified your targetlibary Funktion.
It works now 360°, in all directions.

If you want to see the BluePrint for a Update maybe, just tell me.
And good work

Greeting Mc Cloud