FBX problem - ARCHVIZ Exported FBX Objects from 3ds Max are imported into UE 5-0EA black!

Hi evreyone,
I’m trying to create an interactive door in my ARCHVIZ scene that opens upon pressing a keyboard key. for this I am exporting the door objects from 3ds Max as FBX files. When I import them into UE 5-0EA some parts of the door appear black and the rest appear normal. When I mirror the door in 3d Max in order to create another door type that opens in another direction, the parts that appeared black in the original door appear normal and the rest appear black.
So I assume that it is a FBX export problem.
I tried every single setting in the FBX export dialog box in 3ds Max but it didn’t help.
I also tried to apply Unwrap UVW modifier in 3ds Max and it also didn’t help, although I didn’t use it for the rest of the scene.
The complete scene is exported from 3ds Max as Datasmith and has no problems whatsoever.
Am I missing something or doing it wrong? Is there another file type rather than FBX which can be used in such a case?
I would be thankful for any suggestion.

Sounds like you have inverted face normals. Been a few years since I used Max in any major capacity so I forget the exact tools to view them in there, but youre going to need to find the faces that are inverted and flip them back the right way before export.

I can all but guarantee this is the issue from what you described.

UPDATE!
Mirror modifier in 3ds Max is the solution.
Anything that appears black in UE must be mirrored using the mirror modifier and not the normal mirror method. If any faces are flipped, then apply normal modifier as well accordingly.

I figured it out. Thanks for stepping by!