FBX File import Error, Ran out of memmory

Hi all:) I have an issue on importing skeletal mesh, the time I tried to import only static mesh is always fine, but with skeletal mesh, UE5 keeps stop working(literally stop, doesn’t off) and after couple of hours it’s crashed with this message.

LoginId:b369b9fb4f1a6a340810318e45e2934b
EpicAccountId:255a94162ac841198736bb5cb2c51041

Fatal error: [File:D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 241] Ran out of memory allocating 23068226480 bytes with alignment 4. Last error msg: The paging file is too small for this operation to complete..

UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_MeshUtilities
UnrealEditor_MeshBuilder
UnrealEditor_MeshBuilder
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd

Thank you for your attention :slight_smile: I hope someone teaches me about this.

Hey there @ChillResource! Welcome to the community! That is 21gbs worth of FBX! That’s way too big for most importers since it has to put that in memory somewhere while it’s moving. What kind of object are you importing and how did it equate to 21gbs of memory? Technically we might be able to raise the page file size for this but 21gbs is likely more than you should ever allow.

1 Like

Thank you for replying. Yeah it is too big. I tired to import off-road car model. it is okay with static mash import only skeletal show the error LOL

Perhaps export the car undercarriage and wheels as skeletal mesh (if you need it to work with the unreal car rig) and then export the rest as static mesh and attach it to the center of mass of the skeletal mesh.

Best of both worlds.

I couldn’t fix it till now. If I fix it I will let all knows here thank you all!!

For sure, if at all possible you could decimate the mesh to lower the poly count substantially for the SKM. Generally you can have a couple million polygons, but past a certain point you’ll start running into these errors frequently.

1 Like