Fast method of exporting level meshes and nanite?

I need to export all the meshes in my level, including tons of high poly nanite meshes. Currently using the File->Export Selected to FBX works but its extremely slow. Takes 10 minutes just for a single high res nanite mesh on a fast machine.

I tried the obj and gltf exporters but they seem to fail to export any large mesh

EDIT: Nvm, it looks like gltf and obj work fine, they just exported to a different folder than what you select as your output.

A few things here:

• if you export mesh with Nanite enabled, by default you get the fallback/render mesh that will be a simplified version of the actual source mesh. If you want the full mesh, you can either disable nanite before export, or there is an option to “export source mesh” but that is only available in FBX export UI not in glTF yet. OBJ export seems to export the render mesh too.
  • we have a bug in 5.3 on slow export to FBX of source mesh. That should be fixed in 5.4

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.