Failed to package patch for PS4: param.sfo missing

Hi, I am trying to generate patches for PS4 but the patch packaging step fail with:

No LatestPatch found at D:\Perforce\UE4.25.1_Plus\Applications\UE4\Game\Releases\1.0\PS4\LatestPatch\CUSA77777_00, patch will be generated against original master
Generating project of type pkg_ps4_patch
Running: C:\Program Files (x86)\SCE\ORBIS\Tools\Publishing Tools\bin\orbis-pub-cmd.exe img_create “D:\Perforce\UE4.25.1_Plus\Applications\UE4\MastermindSample\Binaries/PS4\MastermindSample-patch-CUSA77777_00.gp4” “D:\Perforce\UE4.25.1_Plus\Applications\UE4\MastermindSample\Binaries/PS4\MastermindSample-patch-CUSA77777_00.pkg”
[Error] Specified path does not exist. (param.sfo)

I followed the instruction in unreal documentation to generate the patch: How to Create a Patch in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

2 Likes

Did you ever find a solution for this? I found the cause of this but the code is really not easy to follow so it is unclear to me how to fix the issue.

What is happening is that because IgnoreDefaultSfo is true (by way of using GenerateSFO=true) it excludes the param.sfo that would normally go in the root of sce_sys in the disc layout in favor of the title specific param.sfo. The problem though is that then it maps that param.sfo to sce_sys/[title_id]/param.sfo. The Sony packaging tool seems to demand it be in the root of sce_sys/ and errors.

If you change the targ_path value for it in the gp4 to sce_sys/param.sfo and run the sony packaging tool with the same params as buildcookrun used, it will actually make the package.

The problem for me is even knowing what is going on I am unsure of how to proceed to make it work. Should I just hack something into the PS4 automation code that always maps param to sce_sys root or is there something else I should be doing?

I am stuck with the same problem. Anyone find a solution?

Try to put all files, that are you working with, inside the "D:" not inside any other folder. Worked for me. IDK why but the Patch Builder just doesn’t want to repack te PKG if it’s inside any folder.

1 Like