Failed to compile Material for platform

whenever I try to package the game for android I get the following error:

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): LogMaterial: Warning: E:\UE4Projects\Coala\coalaunrealplugin\BlankProject\Content\Example\POIs\poiDynamic\1_PostProcess_mat.uasset: Failed to compile Material for platform SF_VULKAN_ES31_ANDROID_NOUB, Default Material will be used in game.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): LogMaterial: Display: Missing cached shader map for material 1_PostProcess_mat, compiling.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): LogMaterial: Warning: E:\UE4Projects\Coala\coalaunrealplugin\BlankProject\Content\Example\POIs\poiDynamic\1_PostProcess_mat.uasset: Failed to compile Material for platform GLSL_ES2, Default Material will be used in game.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): LogMaterial: Display: Missing cached shader map for material 1_PostProcess_mat, compiling.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): LogMaterial: Warning: E:\UE4Projects\Coala\coalaunrealplugin\BlankProject\Content\Example\POIs\poiDynamic\1_PostProcess_mat.uasset: Failed to compile Material for platform GLSL_ES3_1_ANDROID, Default Material will be used in game.

The material in question uses custom and scene depth. Might it be that the rendering options OpenGL ES2, OpenGL ES3.1, and Vulkan don’t support that or am I missing some checkmark in the Project Settings?

I have not found anything that would indicate, that it’s suported or not.Especially since here it says, that it is supported.

SupportedRenderingFeatures

Anyone who should come across this, the solution is very simple. In the post process material select “Before Tonemapping” that fixed it for me
280217-

but it’s grayed out

it was grayed out on my screen as well. i changed ‘material domain’ from ‘surface’ to ‘post process’ and then was able to change ‘blendable location’ under ‘post process material’ to ‘before tonemapping’. is there a better way to do this? it solved the ‘failed to compile material for platform error’, but cause my standard iclone character’s face & body skin to become all gray when packaged to quest 2.

I tried doing this, but I am still getting this as warning followed by an error that says this
, and I am on Unreal Engine 5.0.3

:2819:39: error: no matching function for call to ‘transpose’
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): return mul(InWorldVector, ( float3x3 )transpose(Parameters.InstanceLocalToWorld)) / (temptemp);
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): ^~~~~~~~~
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): /Engine/Generated/Material.ush:2840:27: error: no matching function for call to ‘transpose’
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): return mul(InWorldVector, transpose(Parameters.InstanceLocalToWorld));
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): /Engine/Generated/Material.ush:2854:39: error: no matching function for call to ‘transpose’
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): return mul(InWorldVector, ( float3x3 )transpose(Parameters.InstanceLocalToWorld)) / (temp
temp);
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): /Engine/Generated/Material.ush:2875:27: error: no matching function for call to ‘transpose’
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): return mul(InWorldVector, transpose(Parameters.InstanceLocalToWorld));
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): /Engine/Generated/Material.ush:2904:39: error: no matching function for call to ‘transpose’
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): return mul(InWorldVector, ( float3x3 )transpose(Parameters.InstanceLocalToWorld)) / (temp*temp);
Warning: Failed to compile Material /Game/MSPresets/MS_Foliage_Material/MasterMaterials/MA_Impostor.MA_Impostor for platform SF_VULKAN_ES31_ANDROID

I’m having this same issue, did you happen to figure out a good way to fix it?