Failed Quest 2 Project Launcher Build

I am doing a test build using the unreal Vr Template, Nothing was modified in came or code. I have been running into this build fails. I’ve looked everywhere cant seem to find this issue or answers as to why I’m having them. I’m sure someone here may be a little more skilled to pinpoint what I may be missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Running AutomationTool…
Parsing command line: -ScriptsForProject=“C:/Users/Iconic Recordings/Documents/Unreal Projects/MEWWORLD/VRTESTCDRIVE/VRTESTCDRIVE.uproject” BuildCookRun -project=“C:/Users/Iconic Recordings/Documents/Unreal Projects/MEWWORLD/VRTESTCDRIVE/VRTESTCDRIVE.uproject” -noP4 -clientconfig=Development -serverconfig=Development -nocompile -nocompileeditor -installed -ue4exe=“C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.27\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Cmd.exe” -utf8output -platform=Android -targetplatform=Android -cookflavor=ASTC -ini:Game:[/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]:BlueprintNativizationMethod=Disabled -build -cookonthefly -nokill -map= -compressed -stage -deploy -cmdline=" -Messaging" -device=Android_ASTC@1WMHH833WR1166 -addcmdline="-SessionId=5833869C4B152FB55D85AA9F16A71C0F -SessionOwner=‘Iconic Recordings’ -SessionName=‘Quest_2 (1WMHH833WR1166)’ " -run
Setting up ProjectParams for C:\Users\Iconic Recordings\Documents\Unreal Projects\MEWWORLD\VRTESTCDRIVE\VRTESTCDRIVE.uproject
VRTESTCDRIVE.uproject requires a temporary target.cs to be generated (ResonanceAudio plugin is enabled)
********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
Running: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.27\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe VRTESTCDRIVE Android Development -Project=“C:\Users\Iconic Recordings\Documents\Unreal Projects\MEWWORLD\VRTESTCDRIVE\VRTESTCDRIVE.uproject” “C:\Users\Iconic Recordings\Documents\Unreal Projects\MEWWORLD\VRTESTCDRIVE\VRTESTCDRIVE.uproject” -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini=“C:\Users\Iconic Recordings\Documents\Unreal Projects\MEWWORLD\VRTESTCDRIVE” -skipdeploy -ini:Game:[/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]:BlueprintNativizationMethod=Disabled -Manifest=“C:\Users\Iconic Recordings\Documents\Unreal Projects\MEWWORLD\VRTESTCDRIVE\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml” -NoHotReload -log=“C:\Users\Iconic Recordings\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.27\UBT-VRTESTCDRIVE-Android-Development.txt”
PLATFORM_ANDROID_NDK_VERSION = 230100
NDK toolchain: r23, NDK version: 21, GccVersion: 4.9, ClangVersion: 12.0.5
Compiling Native 32-bit code with NDK API ‘android-21’
Writing manifest to C:\Users\Iconic Recordings\Documents\Unreal Projects\MEWWORLD\VRTESTCDRIVE\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml
Building VRTESTCDRIVE…
[Upgrade]
[Upgrade] Using backward-compatible build settings. The latest version of UE4 sets the following values by default, which may require code changes:
[Upgrade] bLegacyPublicIncludePaths = false => Omits subfolders from public include paths to reduce compiler command line length. (Previously: true).
[Upgrade] ShadowVariableWarningLevel = WarningLevel.Error => Treats shadowed variable warnings as errors. (Previously: WarningLevel.Warning).
[Upgrade] PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.UseExplicitOrSharedPCHs => Set in build.cs files to enables IWYU-style PCH model. See IWYU | Unreal Engine Documentation. (Previously: PCHUsageMode.UseSharedPCHs).
[Upgrade] Suppress this message by setting ‘DefaultBuildSettings = BuildSettingsVersion.V2;’ in VRTESTCDRIVE.Target.cs, and explicitly overriding settings that differ from the new defaults.
[Upgrade]
Building 2 actions with 12 processes…
[1/2] VRTESTCDRIVE-armv7.so
ld.lld: error: undefined symbol: __aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr1
>>> referenced by Module.Launch.cpp
>>> C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.27/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Android/UE4/Development/Launch/Module.Launch.cppa7.o:(.ARM.exidx.text._ZN16FAppEventManager11GetInstanceEv+0x0)
>>> C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.27/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Android/UE4/Development/Launch/Module.Launch.cppa7.o:(.ARM.exidx.text._ZN16FAppEventManager15DequeueAppEventEv+0x0)
>>> C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.27/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Android/UE4/Development/Launch/Module.Launch.cppa7.o:(.ARM.exidx.text._ZN16FAppEventManager17ReleaseMicrophoneEb+0x0)
>>> referenced 161712 more times

ld.lld: error: undefined symbol: __aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr0
>>>               C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.27/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Android/UE4/Development/Launch/Module.Launch.cppa7.o:(.ARM.exidx.text._ZN16FAppEventManager4TickEv+0x0)
>>>               C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.27/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Android/UE4/Development/Launch/Module.Launch.cppa7.o:(.ARM.exidx.text._ZZN16FAppEventManager4TickEvEN4Impl21ExecCheckImplInternalEv+0x0)
>>>               C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.27/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Android/UE4/Development/Launch/Module.Launch.cppa7.o:(.ARM.exidx.text._ZN16FAppEventManager17ExecWindowResizedEv+0x0)
>>> referenced 370458 more times
clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Took 11.7366656s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=6
UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\Iconic Recordings\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.27\UBT-VRTESTCDRIVE-Android-Development.txt)
AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=6 (6)

Greetings @jvmusic1 !

We see that this is your first time posting in our forums! :medal_sports: Welcome to the Unreal Engine community!

We’re sorry to learn that you’re having issues with your build. I do want to let you know that we deeply appreciate you posting your issue here and including the error details. Until someone with a higher level of expertise responds, know that you are part of an awesome community, and we’re very excited to have you as a member! I wish you the best of luck in the discovery of a solution for your build, and in spite of the trying time you are having with your project, I also wish you a great weekend! :blush:

Thank you.

1 Like

In project settings try unchecking ‘Support armv7’ and checking ‘Support arm64’

Google result for “undefined symbol: __aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr1 unreal” :

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/964493/ldlld-building-error-android-425-armv8-armv7.html

1 Like

Gave this a try and it fixed everything. :100:
Thank you!
Hopefully this serves as help for others as well.

Now I’m just having an issue where the launch streaming the game works but the apk is completely black screen. More trouble shooting.

1 Like