Facade flight

Hello everyone,

I have a request; We’ve recently received this set of images where part of the facade was not well processed by RC, as you can see from images 4 and 5.

After further investigation, I realized that the guidelines pilots follow are to execute a grid , for tall buildings (image 6) a circle and for small buildings.

Now, my assumption for this specific case is that the minimal overlapping and the presence of trees made RC unable to process it properly.

Do you have other clues on what caused the mistake so that I can send proper feedback to the customer?
It’s actually common to see problems in the facade when they execute a grid. Is there a specific problem there?

Thank you.

Best,
Daniele Romio - Airteam

Hi Daniele,

The main issue with the glass part is that it is glass. Glass does not scan well due to transparency and reflections.

The issue with the other part is that it is not well-scanned:

the images in column A are almost adjacent to the surface, although the images in columns b, c, d and can see that side they all hit it from roughly the same angle and getting further and further away. It would make sense to shoot more columns of cameras around these inset areas.

This video covers everything about capture https://youtu.be/9e_NLp_FaUk?si=71ZmfQKMk3BHn6oZ

cheers,

Wallace