"Fab will not support open-text reviews or questions sections"

This makes things worse lol… There were a lot of us who DIDN’T abuse the discord verification bs and now we hav elower ratings than those who did. Products with literally hundreds of discord verification reviews now have hundreds of ratings, and no way for customers to know that their reviews were borderline useless, while good products with legitimate reviews have much, much fewer because the developer didn’t cheat the system.

The system was broken and needed fixing, but this change has made it significantly worse for customers across the board.

And that’s not even mentioning that epic told people that discord verify reviews were not allowed, but I personally reported a bunch and they were left up and the case was closed lol

5 Likes

Crazy that this has proceeded with no action.

2 Likes

Disabling hundreds of text reviews and questions overnight is incredibly disrespectful to creators.

While there were definitely some problems with this system (mostly due to the recent lack of moderation) the interactions between creators and their customers is precisely what made the Unreal Marketplace special.

Cordial and pleasant interactions in the reviews and questions is a big part of the motivation to create assets for people ; and, the Questions were the official place for technical customer support.

Not even providing a way to read these past reviews and questions is absurd. And being mixed with copyright-infringing content coming from Sketchfab adds insult to the injury.

3 Likes

I thought that they took some of that stuff down when they merged everything?

1 Like

Well, all one has to do is to make a search for Dragon Ball or Spiderman …

1 Like

The shocking part is that they didn’t learn after the first time they tried this in Jan 2023… the community lashed out at them and they re-enabled them shortly after.

Not sure why they thought it’d be any different this time around. :NotLikeThis:

1 Like

Well, I see the Dragonball one going for $20-$30. By the way, is it against the rules to bring in politics in the product description? I was going through the free stuff, saw an bomb with some fast food stickers on it and the seller was talking about current events

lol what? can you link to that? honestly… this deployment is starting to be worth how bad it is in entertainment value at this point…

Here it is. Keep in mind that I haven’t reported it, yet.

Also noticed that they got rid of most of the FNAF stuff, only one that’s left is something that I can’t link to, on here

Oh jesus… I take back what I said about entertainment. That’s abhorrent… How the hell is that not picked up by something automated… Not to mention the branding in there lol…

Yet, I have been waiting for about five hours so they can approve a single change I made in the descriptions (I added a comma). You would think they are reviewing every product in detail :)))
Changes in descriptions used to be instant and auto-approved in the Unreal marketplace.
Now it’s some extra headache.

1 Like

Yes, I agree that it’s certainly unprofessional. But I’m not exactly sure where the line is drawn (outside of the blatant display of copyright infringement)

Well, I’m like… 500% sure that mcdonalds, dominos, etc. don’t let you sell their logo :stuck_out_tongue: so that alone is a big no no

100% this!

Now as a seller you can’t even see what ratings you have, just the average and not having written reviews is just awful. Who does this anyways? In pretty much every place where there are reviews, you can write something otherwise there’s not much point in having them.

Not only is this worse for buyers because they can’t know if others think those assets are good or not but also because of those who had the discord verification thing, which are now basically “legal” and have hundreds of valid reviews that you can’t really tell if are legit or not.

7 Likes

This is ridiculous. As a marketplace seller, I feel nobody reviewed my assets compared to 2 years ago. Now that you can’t even read the reviews I think people will never bother except for 1 star.

4 Likes

They need to add this feature ASAP and migrate over our Reviews, Questions, and Answers.

5 Likes

I can’t wait to get scammed because these features are missing (and epic does zero quality control)

Cannot believe Fab is missing this, what an absolute joke.

It’s 100% clear why Epic have done this, they don’t want you to doubt buying, everything is non refundable, so Epic says F-you if you buy something that is broken but had lots of stars from years ago.

1 Like

Which is precisely why I mainly stick with the free stuff that pops up, every month. Less of an hassle, that way

We want the Question and Answer System Back…
There’s NO excuse not to move the Q&A section from the Marketplace to each dev’s section.
Little Kids playing in the metaverse are NOT buying assets from FAB, the Adult Developers are…

3 Likes

We don’t want a “Star” system that supplants the Q&A section.
We want THE Q&A section because it helps to make purchasing decisions.
It helps us to determine, which devs are Actually supporting their product, and which devs have not responded to a question in 6 months or more.
It helps us to determine what is being said in the public to other devs, it validates the level of support that sellers are actually providing.
I don’t want to have to “Register, Login, Post” to some sellers untrusted website every time I have a question. What I want, is a trusted seller with a trusted way to communicate, and get fair timely responses. The Q&A section gives that to me. NOT a 5 Star rating.

2 Likes