Eyebrows disappear close up to MetaHumans

Every MetaHuman I use; it looks fine from far away, but when I move close up to them (need to do this- need to see just their head and shoulders) their eyebrows disappear.

Anyone know what the issue is? They are all downloaded on high quality.

1 Like

Ok it’s easy! You just need to activate Metahuman Plugin!

Thank you :slight_smile: it helped also changing scalability settings if anyone looks at this question

I found one also: the groom biding asset goes to none sometimes, which makes the groom not sync with face movements.

Hello, I’m using UE 5.2 an Mac Silicon. I have the same problem, that eyebrows and beard disappear when moving close to Metahuman (stock and custom). Even on LOD 2-x eyebrows and beard look strange and artificial.
Unfortunately I can’t add the MetaHuman Plugin to the project, because it’s not available for the 5.2 silicon.

Funfact: Installing the Metahuman Demo-Project, and the included Metahumans Ada and Taro look great! No problems with eyebrows and beard.

Any solve for this? I have the same issue I can’t figure it out. On Mac.

2 Likes

@middydeluxe
Hey what just worked from me a reply on the post below:

Adjusting the scales of the assets individually by a fraction worked. I looked at my scale values for my eyebrows and eyelashes and noticed the values were 1.11111. Once I adjusted them to a scale of 1 everything showed as it should. I hope this helps.

(post deleted by author)

Hi everyone, I’ve the same issue… I’ve been trying the solutions mentioned here, have been looking into different tutorials and watched a ton of videos. Maybe someone has an idea what might help?

Things I tried so far:

• Setting Num LODs to 1
  • Setting forced LODs to 1 and 2
  • Set eyebrows scale to 1.0
  • Activated include component in HLOD for body and face
  • Changed all LODs in Groom asset of the eyebrows to visible and geometry type strands
  • switched the whole thing off and on again…

Thx in advance!

Hey…i had the same issue and just now i got solution to it, check if the scale is set to 1 and the location and rotation are all set to 0.
This is how it worked for me earlier my location and rotation were set to some numbers when i set them to 0 it worked perfect.