Extend physics asset editor through a plugin

I’m looking for a way to add an additional command to Physics Asset Editor via a plugin. Either to a context menu, or as a toolbar button, etc.

The reason for that is that in PHAT’s “Mirror” command at the moment is broken and as a result configuration of a new character extremely painful. I’d like to implement my own mirror command, but I’m not seeing a decent way to access menu or toolbar of PHAT. The usual way to do it would be via an engine fork, but engine fork is a pain to maintain, so I’d rather use a plugin instead.

As far as I know, it is possible to add new menus via extenders, but the process isn’t quite clear and isn’t very well documented anywhere.

It doesn’t really matter how I access the menu, or whether the command is implemented in C++ or Python. I’m simply looking for a way to add custom code to PHAT without making an engine fork.

Any suggestions?

Did you manage to find anything?

Nope. Nothing. Silence from the community and I haven’t found a way to do it through the docs/code dive.

To be honest I was fairly busy with other things and will continue looking into it later, but in unity this kind of thing is easier to do and is explained in documentation.