Exporting matinee movie

Here’s a link to my AnswerHub topic:
How do I render and export a movie? - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums

I’ve seen people say to use the Movie button, but that starts a new movie… I’d love to know how to export exactly what the camera(s) that I created through Matinee. When I select the movie button up at the top-right, it just starts up a new window and creates a movie from that (very laggy) window.

Thanks so much for any help!

It can be laggy while recording if your computer isnt good enough, but the end result will be at whatever frame rate you set in that dialog box when you hit the Movie button.

I know this is old but I have searched high and low for an answer.

Like the OP I want to export a avi movie of just the camera move I key framed in Matinee. When I select export as avi I get a pop window that is intertactive and that gets recorded which is not at all what I want. I am learning UE4 to do Architectural animations and I want to be able to export specific camera moves and compile them later.

You can click on your matinee icon in the viewport and in the details panel on the right side tick ‘‘play on level load’’. When you start the game, it will start with the matinee. You can add some launch variables like, -notexturestreaming -fullscreen to help a bit

You need to create keyframes for your cameras in the director track. For more info: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums