Exponential Height Fog Intensity Changes with Camera Tilt and Rotation in Interior Scenes Facing the Sun

Hello everyone,

I’m encountering an issue with the Exponential Height Fog in my Unreal Engine project, specifically in certain interior scenes when looking towards the sun. I’ve noticed that the fog intensity changes when I tilt the camera or rotate around the scene in these specific scenarios. However, when the camera (or character) is looking at an empty sky, there is no visible problem with the fog.

To provide more context, the issue appears to be sensitive to changes in camera orientation and becomes particularly noticeable when tilting the camera up or rotating around 180 degrees in interior environments while facing the sun.

I have already experimented with adjusting the fog density, camera settings, and related parameters, but the problem persists.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with Exponential Height Fog in interior scenes when looking towards the sun? Are there any known solutions, workarounds, or specific settings to maintain a consistent fog appearance in these scenarios?

2 Likes