Explosive Device setting off Triggers

Reference ID

N/A

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Summary

I have an Explosive Device set up to destroy *only player built structures but for some reason when it is activated (by its Trigger/ Switch), it then sets off other random Triggers on my map and I can’t seem to fix it, EXCEPT for when I turn off “Triggered by Damage” on the affected Triggers themselves. The problem with this is that I want Triggered by Damage to be enabled so I can shoot triggers to activate Cinematic Sequences.

Steps to Reproduce

To be granularly specific and give an example, I have a Cinematic Sequence which has a Time Dilation Track (creating a slow mo effect). I also have a Trigger which activates this sequence by damage (Triggered by Damage ticked). When my Explosive Device is activated via its Trigger/ Switch to achieve the removal of all of the player builds on the map, the Trigger connected to the sequence is affected by the damage of the Explosive Device and the slow mo effect is activated automatically upon the Explosive Device being activated (as if I had manually Triggered the sequence such as shooting it).

Expected Result

To be able to have 1) a Cinematic Sequence with a Time Dilation track; 2) that is activated by a Trigger upon DAMAGE (i.e shooting it); which is not affected by the Explosive Device mechanics / for all Triggers to be impartial.

Observed Result

When the Explosive Device is activated, another unrelated Trigger is being affected thus activating a Cinematic Sequence unintentionally. The only fix is to untick “Triggered by Damage” on the affected Trigger (i.e. the Trigger that activates the Cinematic Sequence) but this circumvents the objective.

Platform(s)

PC

Island Code

N/A