Execution failed for Task :app:compileDebugAidl FAILED

Hi,

When I try to launch or package my project (targeting android and occulus quest) I get this error log.

I am using UE 4.25.3 and installed Android studio as explained in the docs:

Anybody knows what to do?

Best
Magnus

EDeployAndroid.FilterStdOutErr: > Task :app:compileDebugAidl FAILED
UEDeployAndroid.FilterStdOutErr:
UEDeployAndroid.FilterStdOutErr: FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
UEDeployAndroid.FilterStdOutErr: * What went wrong:
UEDeployAndroid.FilterStdOutErr: Execution failed for task ‘:app:compileDebugAidl’.
UEDeployAndroid.FilterStdOutErr: > 1 exception was raised by workers:
UEDeployAndroid.FilterStdOutErr: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: A problem occurred starting process ‘command ‘C:\Users\ma\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\build-tools\30.0.2\aidl.exe’’
UEDeployAndroid.FilterStdOutErr: * Try:
UEDeployAndroid.FilterStdOutErr: 1 actionable task: 1 executed
UEDeployAndroid.FilterStdOutErr: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.
UEDeployAndroid.FilterStdOutErr: * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
UEDeployAndroid.FilterStdOutErr: BUILD FAILED in 12s
Log.WriteException: ==============================================================================
Log.WriteException: ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c “C:\temp\Unreal Engine Project folders\OculusQProject\Intermediate\Android\armv7\gradle\rungradle.bat” :app:assembleDebug
Log.WriteException: (see C:\Users\ma\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Temp+UE_4.25\Log.txt for full exception trace)
Log.WriteException:
Log.WriteException: BuildException: cmd.exe failed with args /c “C:\temp\Unreal Engine Project folders\OculusQProject\Intermediate\Android\armv7\gradle\rungradle.bat” :app:assembleDebug

3 Likes

I’ve got exactly the same …

1 Like

Some here, but just with UE5

1 Like

Same here, trying to text my first project in vr and it fails, tried a million things nothing working…

1 Like

deleting the android folder in {project}\intermediate and relaunching fixed this issue for me

Android Studio → Configure → SDK Manager → Android SDK → SDK Tools
→ Check Show Package Details
→ Uncheck Android SDK Build-Tools other than SetupAndroid.bat specified :

for example UE 4.25 uncheck except “build-tools;28.0.3”

in “UnrealEngine-4.25\Engine\Extras\Android\SetupAndroid.bat” file

line 75
call “%SDKMANAGER%” “platform-tools” “platforms;android-28” “build-tools;28.0.3” “cmake;3.10.2.4988404” “ndk;21.1.6352462”

4 Likes

That helped

That fixed it for me.

Worked for me!

It worked for me, thanks.